Cooper's Rock- Mtbr.com

Thread: Cooper's Rock

Submit to your ride!
    Jan 2004

Cooper's Rock

Hey guys or gals,

Looking to come down the Saturday the 8th for an all day ride at Cooper's. If anyone is riding there and wouldn't mind a tagalong, let me know.

Otherwise, are there some good maps around if I have to go solo? Any other advice would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Here ya go

Here's a link to an earlier post I did w/ a map. You can probably enlarge it. They also give out free maps at the tourist center at the Coopers Rock Overlook.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...hlight=coopers

As for advice, pump up those tires or you'll be spending time fixing pinch flats I would LOVE to join you and put my new Titus through the paces out there, but I was just camping there a couple weekends ago and will be in Charleston at the end of the month.

I've never rode w/ kmoses but I think he's from the area there.

I don't know if you've ever ridden there before but here's a link from a ride I did there last June.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...hlight=coopers

mtbr member
    I'll be in the 'burgh this weekend. Its been dry here, so the trails at coopers should still be plenty fast. There're usually plenty of riders out there on the weekends. I'm sure you won't have a problem meeting up with some other riders.

Bikes & Beer
    May 2005
    Might want to rethink the cooper's trip. Its been raining here in morgantown since last night (thursday night) and so far all day today. Its going to be pretty nasty up there.

yelgatgab
    Jan 2004
    Cooper's drains really well, and is more rocky than muddy, so you should be alright. We've done rain and snow rides up there and it's never too bad.

Disclaimer: This is coming from a guy who's ridden Baker's in the rain, which is muddier during drought conditions than Cooper's during a thunderstorm.

Members who have read this thread: 0