Conditions at Patapsco Tomorrow?- Mtbr.com
    offroader
    Dec 2008

Conditions at Patapsco Tomorrow?

Can someone with experience give me an idea on how bad it will be at Patapsco tomorrow since it will be a thawing day? I'm thinking of heading up.

Masher
    bad

I am the owl
    Don't do it, it will be slop.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

Cracker
    its slop already DONT RIDE
    It might get a little steep from here

offroader
    Dec 2008
    dammit

Sweeper
    Gonna be BAD. If you ride..... will make the trails worse then they already are!

mtbr member
    They'll be bad for sometime to come...we'll all have to wait till it freezes again....please dont make it bad on us all..come on up to Gambrill State Park...nice and rocky and next to no mud....

Masher
    well we are doing a cook out tomorrow regardless. wish i could go to gambrill.

mtbr member
    Gentlemen, Would this hold true for Monday as well?

One Gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesleypipesyo
    Gentlemen, Would this hold true for Monday as well?
    Probably. Either winter needs to come back or we need spring a month early.

mtbr member
    How about Gambrill? Would I upset people if I road there? I really have no preference of where to go. I am looking at going my first time out, Monday is my first day off in close to 3 weeks. I work in the basement of a building in the middle of a city. I have a shiny new bike that I would really enjoy riding on something other than a road with salt and grime...

mtbr member
    Gambrills...we were up there today...lots of snow melting, was pretty heavy to pedal through, but Monday should be pretty good...Gambrills is nice cause very little mud, except in the shed, there definenetly more on that side....
    Ed

mtbr member
    Where is a good place to start at, as I have not been there before.

mtbr member
    Head up there to Gambrill state park, as you start driving up the mountain, the first parking area on your right, pull in there, then start your ride across the street following the yellow blazes, the yellow loop is a good start, you can then intersect with the blue too...lots of climbing, and technical rocks, but a blast...have fun, they'll be LOTS of riders up there tomorrow morning probably. There is a trail map mounted at the parking lot.

mtbr member
    Or drop in to the right of the big sign on the black....if you enjoy pain.
    "My Fat Hurts." - Me

mtbr member
    Copy that, I will be looking for the yellow and blue trails then. As I would like to go on one of the rides tomorrow, but I will be climbing in the morning and working that night.

Mr. Wood922, 10 years ago, I would be all about riding blindly into the most difficult trail I could find, but the closer I get to 30, the longer it takes to heal.

mtbr member
    Oh my god close to 30...come on you just made me laugh my ass off...dude I'm FIFTY...that's 50...AND, I just started riding Mountain bikes after my heart attack in May 05'...age is not an allowed excuse...HaHaHaHaHa

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy46
    Oh my god close to 30...come on you just made me laugh my ass off...dude I'm FIFTY...that's 50...AND, I just started riding Mountain bikes after my heart attack in May 05'...age is not an allowed excuse...HaHaHaHaHa

Yea, I didnt think that excuse would fly. After the last hurricane that came through last September a buddy of mine and I went to OC for a day of surf jumping on his jet skis. Well, a 700 pound jet ski with less than 2 feet of separation falling on you from a height of 15 feet feels like a ton of bricks. The guy who owns the jets, 12 years my senior, called me a weenie because I fell off the dang thing from only 15 feet... He said try it from over 20 feet up.

I also climb with a guy who is 15 years older than me... Dont get me started on falling off of a line when climbing out doors.

I am just a weenie. I went 2 or 3 years without health insurance and I stopped doing anything fun. I am just now starting to get back into the fun stuff. Therefore Monday will be yellow and blue trails. On Friday I will try to tackle the black trail mentioned above. I should also have another rider with me, to make things more interesting and to take pictures.

mtbr member
    Excellent wesley! We knew you could do it...gor for it...BTW, leaving the bike swap meet and omg the field they have us parking in is soooo soft and muddy...and this is out in the open...pitty anyone that is attempting a ride today, its going to be so sloppy!

The White Jeff W
    Copy that, I will be looking for the yellow and blue trails then. As I would like to go on one of the rides tomorrow, but I will be climbing in the morning and working that night.

Mr. Wood922, 10 years ago, I would be all about riding blindly into the most difficult trail I could find, but the closer I get to 30, the longer it takes to heal.
    If it's your first ride I'd suggest sticking with the yellow trails. You'll probably have to walk your bike through the majority of the blue IMO.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    I am looking forward to tomorrow. I hope to make it out again friday. Today was beautiful out. I almost told my boss what he can do with this job. But then the wife reminded me what would happen if I did that...

The White Jeff W
    I am looking forward to tomorrow. I hope to make it out again friday. Today was beautiful out. I almost told my boss what he can do with this job. But then the wife reminded me what would happen if I did that...

Well???? How was it?
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Well, it was a serious let down. What was supposed to be an afternoon filled with woods and fun turned into a 7 mile loop around my neighborhood. But the bike is in my truck ready for a trip to a place in Annapolis. Any of you guys heard of Truxton Park?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyzhao
    do not be so sad, tomorrow will be good

Tradestead has been growing rapidly since it was founded in 2004. It is a leading supplier of consumer electronics, IT facilities and accessories direct from China. What makes Tradestead different is that customers can easily order online thanks to the cutting-edge B2B E-commerce platform at www.tradestead.com. Furthermore, customers can enjoy flexible payment options, such as wired transfer (T/T), major credit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and Letter of Credit (L/C), and various shipping choices as you like, including Express Couriers (FedEx, DHL, UPS and TNT), Air Freight, Ocean Freight, EMS, and Postal Parcel. It is noticeable that customers can use their own couriers. Plus, the responsible customer service team helps keep customer loyalty.

We have an EEOC meeting at work tomorrow. I hope to burn off some of my annoyance energy.

But I am slightly confused by the china delivery talk...

Members who have read this thread: 0