Carvin's routes.- Mtbr.com
    I like Monkeys

Carvin's routes.

A friend and I are going over to Carvin's tomorrow for a ride. I usually stick to the lower trails with my wife but would like to hit something different. I've heard that they have renamed some of the trails as well. Any suggestions on routes for the ride?
    We'll probably start at the boat landing and then head through the lower trails to the other end via enchanted forest etc and go up the fire road to Comet (Is that the old clown head) and then go on from there. We're looking for a 3-4 hour ride at a decent pace.

Thanks
    VA
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    if you want to do some decent downhill stuff i would start out by heading up the climb and first do gauntlet. then up horse run or w/e you wanna call it then up trough. nice climb back up to the fire road then down buck rut back to the parking lot.

if you got the energy to head back towards the lower trials

mtbr member
    ...swing by "just the right gear" on your way out to the cove & ask for Sean. Have him map you out a route....tell him Jay sent ya

I like Monkeys
    Will do Jay, or you could join us at Bennett Springs around 10-10:30. Brandon gave us a pretty good route that we may try as well. Long time no Ride.

I like Monkeys
    Took a route recommended by an employee of our local LBS. We won't do that route in the heat again! 3 Mile technical climb from the parking lot in 95 degree weather killed me before we got started. We took Hoe,Bucks, Fireroad to Clown Head (Hemlock Tunnel), Comet, and then messed around on the lower trails until taking the road back to the car. The heat was oppressive and I was totally spent when we got back to the car. We ended up with around 19 miles and a lot of climbing. The highlight was the bear we saw as we passed hi-de-hoe on the fireroad.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    hell yea man

sounds like a good ride you had. i personally dont like hemlock tunnel. its just too straight down, kinda lose a lot of elevation really quickly without much pay off.

thats cool about seeing a bear, ive seen 2 this year

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    ...swing by "just the right gear" on your way out to the cove & ask for Sean. Have him map you out a route....tell him Jay sent ya

Closed on Sunday.

Members who have read this thread: 0