mtbr member

Carvins Cove Trail Build

There is a new trail under construction at Carvins Cove called the Rock nRoll trail. It is just beyond the halfway point and when the first phase is completed, it will be over two miles long. We're still in Phase One.

If you would like to volunteer to help construct this trail it would be greatly appreciated. Trail construction usually occurs on Sundays of each week with a 9:00 am start and volunteers have the option to work a full day or a half day shift either with the 9:00 am start or a 12:30 or 1:00 pm start.

If interested, please send me a private email message and I will provide you with links to the work calendar and our crew chief. Thanks.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Thanks for your work!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDwayyo View Post
    Thanks for your work!
    Your welcome! It feels good to give back and to support something that you love.

The majority of people can't think about this since they have no time with work and family. The wife and I do what we can.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rickcin View Post
    Your welcome! It feels good to give back and to support something that you love.

The majority of people can't think about this since they have no time with work and family. The wife and I do what we can.
    I know the feeling! I'm up in MD, but Carvin's Cove is a real treat when I visit family in Roanoke. You guys do some great work and are an inspiration to what we're trying to do in Frederick, MD currently! Keep it up!

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rickcin View Post
    There is a new trail under construction at Carvins Cove called the Rock nRoll trail. It is just beyond the halfway point and when the first phase is completed, it will be over two miles long. We're still in Phase One.

If you would like to volunteer to help construct this trail it would be greatly appreciated. Trail construction usually occurs on Sundays of each week with a 9:00 am start and volunteers have the option to work a full day or a half day shift either with the 9:00 am start or a 12:30 or 1:00 pm start.

If interested, please send me a private email message and I will provide you with links to the work calendar and our crew chief. Thanks.
    Thanks Rickcin. Keep up the good work! Maybe post retirement in a few years I can volunteer there some. For now, I do trail work in the GW and Jefferson National Forest and that is about all the time I have to offer. That looks to be a ripping trail when complete - so if anyone has some time to volunteer it will reap a good reward!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigCreekRider View Post
    Thanks Rickcin. Keep up the good work! Maybe post retirement in a few years I can volunteer there some. For now, I do trail work in the GW and Jefferson National Forest and that is about all the time I have to offer. That looks to be a ripping trail when complete - so if anyone has some time to volunteer it will reap a good reward!
    Thank you! We do have the time now and I love to ride and be in the woods so it's a time in my life when it happens to just work out!

Good for you for volunteering, every little bit helps and it promotes biking.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Where will this trail be? I just rode there over the weekend while visiting family and finally got to ride Rattlin' Run which was fantastic... I'm very excited to try another new one next time I'm down that way, Rattlin' Run was new to me and it was great! (Even though I finished with it and was beat by that time.)

mtbr member
    Where will this trail be? I just rode there over the weekend while visiting family and finally got to ride Rattlin' Run which was fantastic... I'm very excited to try another new one next time I'm down that way, Rattlin' Run was new to me and it was great! (Even though I finished with it and was beat by that time.)
    Glad you are enjoying the trails and I am dedicated to working on this new Flow Trail to get it completed ASAP!

The trail begins on Happy Valley ( fire rd) near the NE intersection of HV and the Arrowhead Trail. Once you cross the wooden bridge heading north from Bennit Springs there will be a sign for the New Trail on your left just past the Arrowhead Trail marker.

The trail runs for over a mile across a creek where you will see an elaborate stone crossing. The trail does continue beyond the stone crossing for a 1/4 mile or so. Once you cross the stone bridge, a little further downstream, 50 yards or so, is our work access path that will take you back out to the fire rd.or else just double back on tbe Trail to the fire road by the wooden bridge.

This is the first phase of the Rock n Roll flow trail that will dump out on the fire road across from the Schoohouse Trail. The next phase will begin from there and run to the boat Marina parking area of Carvins Cove near to where we live, I canít wait!

Let me know if you have any questions. We will be working there again on Sunday and thanks for your interest in the trail!

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Sounds awesome, not just the trail but also your enthusiasm! Thanks for the info and thanks your work!

mtbr member
    Sounds awesome, not just the trail but also your enthusiasm! Thanks for the info and thanks your work!
    Youíre welcome! I love to hear that people are enjoying the trails and I wish I discovered this sport earlier in my life but I guess better late than never.

If you do ride the Rock n Roll Trail it would be helpful if you post your opinion on this forum site. Enjoy!