Carvin's Cove Ride on 1-23-11- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Carvin's Cove Ride on 1-23-11

Couple MTBR'ers getting together for a ride on Sunday 1/23 at 2pm at the Bennet Springs lot if anyone is wanting to go. Will probably be a fairly easy ride since many of us are in 'winter shape'.

All are welcome.

mtbr member
    Hope that 2pm tomorrow is as nice as today at 2pm. Will be out there myself. Silver Santa Cruz bike with me in lots of clothing. Say hi if you see me!
    Enjoying the trails one pedal stroke at a time...

My spelling is atroshus
    Had a fun ride with the Mighty Dingus at the cove today. It was nice meeting someone from mtbr. Upon hitting the trails, I made several observations, including the fact that the winter has taken a toll on my cardio, and carrying an extra ten pounds makes a difference in climbing. Also, I had never had pedaled up Comet before today, and man was I ever glad we did. The downhill bomb was pretty fun.

When I got home I tried to knock the mud off my bike, but it was actually frozen to the frame and rear swing arm. So I locked my bike in the barn and called it a day.

mtbr member
    Actually, we rode up Tuckaway. Comet is just a wee bit more difficult. And longer. And steeper. And way more technical.

All in all, it was a good ride though.

My spelling is atroshus
    My bad. It was a fun ride. I can't wait for warmer weather. BTW, Greg said Hi.

Members who have read this thread: 0