Carvin's Cove Question....- Mtbr.com
    Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004

Carvin's Cove Question....

Anybody know what happens if you keep following the fire road (Brushy Mountain Trail, AKA 1000 Foot Climb) past the top of Buck (Buck's Rut). It looks like it would keep following the ridge and eventually come down closer to rt 311, but has anyone actually done this?

Thanks.

dirt rider
    Never done it. Would be nice to know, though.

Looking at Google Earth, it looks like it'd eventually lead you out to Carvins Cove Rd, near 311.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sciron4x4
    Never done it. Would be nice to know, though.

Looking at Google Earth, it looks like it'd eventually lead you out to Carvins Cove Rd, near 311.
    I'm wondering if it goes through private property, gates, etc.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    I think it would take you to 311, but I think I heard there was some type of mining & private property issues there. I've never been out there either.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I rode it once this summer, just to see where it went. I tried to find my Garmin data from that ride to give you specifics, but I can't locate it. From what I remember it was about 7 miles, all two-track (fireroad). A lot of it was over grown and there was some wash out, probably because no one rides back there. No major climbs like the 1000 ft climb, just rollers, much like the two track out to the boat dock. I stayed on the two track and didn't see anything that would lead me to believe it was private property, and I didn't see any mining. I'm not sure where it came out at, I turned around at the gate and rode back. There was a gate and I saw a road sign, but I don't remember the road number. It was a dirt road and I think it began with a 7. When I got home and downloaded the Garmin I remembered that my path did come very close to 311. So if there's a dirt road off 311 that begins with a 7, that's probably it. I'm still new to the area so I don't' know the roads around there that well.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

Welcome SSurlygirl

Welcome to the area SSurlygirl.

That road might come out near the Hanging Rock war memorial where you turn onto Rt311 at the light.

dirt rider
    Welcome to the area. And thanks for the info!

740 is Carvins Cove Rd... could that have been it?

Members who have read this thread: 0