Carvin's Cove - Improvements- Mtbr.com
    Drinkin' the RIP9 Koolaid

Carvin's Cove - Improvements

Took my sons and a couple of their friends out to the Cove today. We ran across several of the improvements that have been made on Little Bell and the first 1/2 of Schoolhouse (only went to the picnic benches).

Whomever is doing the brick/rock work in the gullies is doing a great job. The 9 year old who rarely rides a bike rode right through the one gully that was improved on Schoolhouse without even slowing down. That spot I've seen several decent riders have trouble with in the past. Very well done.

You've taken a couple ugly spots that were constantly nasty, and made them long term viable to just being ridden without doing damage to the trails. Kudos to you.

Well done on the short nasty mudhole part of Enchanted Forest too. Still a few there, but somewhat improved over what it was.

Thanks for all your work and effort. They are much appreciated by the average rider out there, even if you never hear it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I rode Carvins Cove for the first time yesterday and it was an outstanding ride. I was impressed at how well the trails were maintained. I can't wait to go back next weekend. I think it is my new favorite place to ride.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizmuth View Post
    Took my sons and a couple of their friends out to the Cove today. We ran across several of the improvements that have been made on Little Bell and the first 1/2 of Schoolhouse (only went to the picnic benches).

Whomever is doing the brick/rock work in the gullies is doing a great job. The 9 year old who rarely rides a bike rode right through the one gully that was improved on Schoolhouse without even slowing down. That spot I've seen several decent riders have trouble with in the past. Very well done.

You've taken a couple ugly spots that were constantly nasty, and made them long term viable to just being ridden without doing damage to the trails. Kudos to you.

Well done on the short nasty mudhole part of Enchanted Forest too. Still a few there, but somewhat improved over what it was.

Thanks for all your work and effort. They are much appreciated by the average rider out there, even if you never hear it.
    Brain Battegier is the one to really thank, he is out there directing every workday.

The rest of the labor is all just people who ride out there volunteering, and we really need more folks. People can go to here to sign up to be on the email list, they can go here for the calendar showing when workdays are, and they can follow this thread for more workday info.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

Drinkin' the RIP9 Koolaid
    If I remember right, Brian is the one who designed the trails out at Falling Creek Park in Bedford. If so, that guy really knows his trails. He did an outstanding job there, and in Montvale.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaizmuth View Post
    If I remember right, Brian is the one who designed the trails out at Falling Creek Park in Bedford. If so, that guy really knows his trails. He did an outstanding job there, and in Montvale.
    I think that is somebody else.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Falling Creek and Montvale were designed and maintained by Kenny Palmer...
    Enjoying the trails one pedal stroke at a time...

Members who have read this thread: 0