Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Carvin's Cove - Improvements

958 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BikerJen 
#1 ·
Took my sons and a couple of their friends out to the Cove today. We ran across several of the improvements that have been made on Little Bell and the first 1/2 of Schoolhouse (only went to the picnic benches).

Whomever is doing the brick/rock work in the gullies is doing a great job. The 9 year old who rarely rides a bike rode right through the one gully that was improved on Schoolhouse without even slowing down. That spot I've seen several decent riders have trouble with in the past. Very well done.

You've taken a couple ugly spots that were constantly nasty, and made them long term viable to just being ridden without doing damage to the trails. Kudos to you.

Well done on the short nasty mudhole part of Enchanted Forest too. Still a few there, but somewhat improved over what it was.

Thanks for all your work and effort. They are much appreciated by the average rider out there, even if you never hear it.

#3 ·
Took my sons and a couple of their friends out to the Cove today. We ran across several of the improvements that have been made on Little Bell and the first 1/2 of Schoolhouse (only went to the picnic benches).

Whomever is doing the brick/rock work in the gullies is doing a great job. The 9 year old who rarely rides a bike rode right through the one gully that was improved on Schoolhouse without even slowing down. That spot I've seen several decent riders have trouble with in the past. Very well done.

You've taken a couple ugly spots that were constantly nasty, and made them long term viable to just being ridden without doing damage to the trails. Kudos to you.

Well done on the short nasty mudhole part of Enchanted Forest too. Still a few there, but somewhat improved over what it was.

Thanks for all your work and effort. They are much appreciated by the average rider out there, even if you never hear it.
Brain Battegier is the one to really thank, he is out there directing every workday.

The rest of the labor is all just people who ride out there volunteering, and we really need more folks. People can go to here to sign up to be on the email list, they can go here for the calendar showing when workdays are, and they can follow this thread for more workday info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.