mtbr member

Carvins Cove Hotel Trail question?

I am a beginner/ early intermediate biker and wondering if the Hotel Trail is difficult?

I generally ride School House & Song Bird without any problems. Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    It isn't hard, nor is it particularly interesting as a stand alone trail. It is more of a connector between Buck and the parking lot.

If you are looking for the next step from SH/SB in terms of skill progression, Arrowhead, Rock & Roll, 4 Gorges, and 4 Gorges Extension are all better options.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
    It isn't hard, nor is it particularly interesting as a stand alone trail. It is more of a connector between Buck and the parking lot.

If you are looking for the next step from SH/SB in terms of skill progression, Arrowhead, Rock & Roll, 4 Gorges, and 4 Gorges Extension are all better options.
    Excellent info, exactly what I was looking for! I never rode the Rock n Roll trail but I have been volunteering and working on it once a week for the last month or so. I'm certainly a better worker than rider but trying to improve! Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I just rode there for the 1st time last weekend and 4 Gorges was absolutely outstanding. It's a little narrower and more "climby" than songbird, but nothing scary about it. I did not do the extension past Brushy Mtn, so I can't speak to that. You folks have a real gem of a trail system down there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    I just rode there for the 1st time last weekend and 4 Gorges was absolutely outstanding. It's a little narrower and more "climby" than songbird, but nothing scary about it. I did not do the extension past Brushy Mtn, so I can't speak to that. You folks have a real gem of a trail system down there.
    You are correct, Carvins Cove is a great Mtn bike area and the wife and I are thrilled to live do close!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post

I was able to get out and ride today so I tried 4 Gorges since it begins at be Bennett Springs parking lot. It is a great trail with what I would consider great views. Took it slow since the trail is on the edge of the gorge and covered with leaves.
    Now this gives me a great route to get to the other trails without riding on Carvins Cove road. Thanks again!