Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Carvin's Cove

894 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kaizmuth 
#1 ·
I'm in Roanoke this week and hoping to sneak a ride in. Was thinking about Carvin's Cove but I was wondering how busy it usually is on weeknights. It looks like there are a good number of trails out there and it'd be nice to have a few people around to ask if I get lost... :thumbsup:

Plus it seems like every time I speak with someone about these trails the topic of bears comes up... not sure I want to go it alone out there.

#2 ·
If you can make it out there before twilight there will almost always be folks getting their after work rides in. If your planning on bringing the lights and staying out late (past 9:30 or so), then your likely to be the last one back to the lot.

I'd say don't worry about your two concerns though- it's pretty tough to get lost at the Cove, even after dark, for more than a few minutes. And while its pretty common to spot a bear, more often than not you catch a glimpse as they are frantically trying to get away from you. Night riding will bring a whole host of eyes out of the woods at you, but its more often than not just going to be our rabid, killer, carnivorous deer :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.