Carvin's Cove- Mtbr.com

Thread: Carvin's Cove

mtbr member

Carvin's Cove

I'll be in Roanoke for work this week and have been trying to find something to ride in the area while I'm in town. Looked like Carvin's Cove had a lot of miles and it's pretty close to where I'll be staying so I figured I'd check that out.

I know I need to pay to park there. Is the office you pay at open past 5 or should I swing by the bike shop to get a pass before I get there?

Also, what are the park hours? Couldn't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks for any info.

mtbr member
    The pay to park in the lot is a secured lockbox and yes they are checking it. If you're going to be using the Bennett Springs lot, which I would recommend for access to most of the trails there are not really any hours.

There are hours for the boatdock which would require about a 3 mile, gravel road ride until you get to the first single track. Those hours are 630a-930p.
    Enjoying the trails one pedal stroke at a time...

Drinkin' the RIP9 Koolaid
    Go for the Bennett Springs lot. It's the best place to park and gives you access to the upper or lower trails with ease.

There's a lock box where you fill out a small 2 line form and drop your $2 so you don't get a ticket. Takes 2 minutes, and then you are riding. You'll love the trails.

mtbr member
    Unfortunately due to weather and work schedule along with car trouble (that should cover the excuses) I didn't get to ride. I did stop in at Just the Right Gear though and that is a cool little shop. Everyone there seemed friendly, spoke with a guy there about the trails, bought some cool stuff, and really enjoyed getting to visit a new shop. Wish we had more shops like that in my neck of the woods.

Planning to stop in and try these trails out on the way home from an upcoming Snowshoe trip since I missed it this time.

Members who have read this thread: 0