can i rent or borrow a bike from you?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

can i rent or borrow a bike from you?

Hi guys, I live overseas and will be returning to the DC area (Springfield) for the holidays, but I won't be bringing my bike. It might seem like an odd request, but I was wondering if there are any riders out there who might have a spare bike they'd be willing to rent or loan me for a few weeks in January...?

As a point of reference, I ride a size medium Diamondback hardtail w/ 130mm Marzocchis, XT drivetrain, Avid discs, Maxxis Holy Rollers. Pretty much a do-it-all bike for trail riding and tooling around the city. I was hoping someone might have something similar (i.e., nothing fancy!), just a basic ride, really.

It doesn't even have to be a mountain bike, could be just a commuter or road bike of some sort with flat/riser bars. I have a feeling I'll mainly just be riding around DC or Old Town, just to get the heart going. Not sure if I feel like dealing with icy, muddy trails.

If anyone thinks they might be able to help out, or maybe point me in the direction of a shop that rents decent bikes, feel free to PM me. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
    so far reaching
    never lose that feeling

- swervedriver

mtbr member
    How about a bike shop...most of them rent...Kind of far for you but, Light Street Bikes in Federal Hill rents....

Ed

mtbr member
    Call this shop:

Wheel Nuts Bike Shop
    302 Montgomery St.
    Alexandria, VA 22314

tel. (703) 548-5116

And make sure to talk to the owner Ron. He should be able to hook you up with a bike for cruising around DC and Old Town, and will probably give you a good deal for a long term rental.

The shop is located in North Old Town right off the GW Trail.

mtbr member
    hi guys, thanks for the info. i'll try to give wheel nuts a call.
    so far reaching
    never lose that feeling

- swervedriver

Members who have read this thread: 0