Broadrun VA MTB?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Broadrun VA MTB?

Hey all, headed to Broadrun next week was wondering if there are any shops renting rides and trails worth exploring? Willing to drive if there's good trails nearby

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Anyone familiar with Massanutten Trail? An hour away but looks like slim pickins

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Check out More-mtb.org - best area(s) nearest to there are Fountainhead (weather dependent), Any of the MoCo Epic stuff, Laurel Hill & Meadowwood, or the north end of the GWNF (Signal Knob/etc).

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Going to try for Fountainhead, are closures regular there? Or only for pouring rain?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If you get down to massanutten, you wont be dissapointed. Do the western slope. You will need a day pass which you can get online. Great trail system and well marked. Tons of riding in the harrisonburg area.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    If you get down to massanutten, you wont be dissapointed. Do the western slope. You will need a day pass which you can get online. Great trail system and well marked. Tons of riding in the harrisonburg area.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Pride View Post
    Going to try for Fountainhead, are closures regular there? Or only for pouring rain?
    Yes - here's their Facebook page which details current trail conditions, openings/closings, et cetera.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    If you can check out Meadowood. I did it for the first time this past week and it was an awesome system of trails. Two of the riders I was with said they preferred it over fountainhead. I haven't had a chance to hit FH yet so I can't comment on that. There is a few trails over in Gainesville also in the Conway Robinson Memorial State Forest. There are bike shops that rent closer to the cities. I know Spokes etc lets you rent a bike for the day and there are a few other shops that let you rent. Wakefield is also pretty good apparently. I'm just getting into biking in the area so most of my knowledge is from on here.

Not sure when you are here but Bryce Resort has DH bikes for rent and I think they are renting weekends only until they start making snow. I believe it's $100 for all day and all gear. Worth checking them out, it'll be close to an hour drive

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Got to ride Fountainhead yesterday. Super fun, nothing really overly challenging or sketchy but great for riders of all abilities. The jumps were fun the little features were setup very well I'd go back.

Members who have read this thread: 0