Brandywine / Woodlawn- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2012

Brandywine / Woodlawn

I am a newer rider and rode thier for the first time the other day. For the most part the ride was good however multiple times I seemed to ride down dead end trails lol.

Can anyone give me a good idea on trails to follow for a decent ride starting behinde the hotel / restraunts trailhead? Thanks

mtbr member
    I always have trouble recording GPS data there, got an actual garmin recently hoping that will work better there.

This map covers the brandywine trails fairly well: http://www.destateparks.com/download...wine-Creek.pdf (I'd love to know if the trails on the other side of Thompson's bridge are open to bikes BTW)

The woodlawn map is not as good but may be helpful: http://www.woodlawntrustees.com/Trail_Map.pdf

I'm hoping to get a ride in down there pretty soon, I'll try to record some decent data. There were a few miles of new (and awesome) trails in progress on the Woodlawn side last time I was there.

This book also has a slightly better map of the brandywine trails: Mountain Biking the Greater Philadelphia Area,2nd: A Guide to the Delaware Valley's Greatest Off-Road Bicycle Rides (Regional Mountain Biking Series): Bob D'Antonio: 9780762728060: Amazon.com: Books
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    I just found this map while searching for something else regarding brandywine, looks pretty thorough: Brandywine Creek State Park | Mountain Bike Trail Maps | Hiking Trail Maps
    Yeah I only carry cans cause I'm a weight weenie.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    anyone have a trail report? With it raining the past week, when will the trails be rideable?
    Thanks

it burns when i pee
    A word of caution about Brandywine. Due to proximity to 202, there at times can be some weird ass @#@$#$ you may run into back there.
    Look down at me and you'll see a fool. Look up at me and you'll see your god. Look straight at me and you'll see yourself.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Have had no problems so far (knock on wood) Care to elaborate? lol anything bad or is anything bad known to happen at BW?

it burns when i pee
    Nothing too bad. I do remember just running into random weird people at times back there. I did have an issue with someone putting piano wire across the trail at JCC which is another way you can go in. Thankfully it was low and not neck level.
    Look down at me and you'll see a fool. Look up at me and you'll see your god. Look straight at me and you'll see yourself.

Members who have read this thread: 0