Brandywine down trees- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Brandywine down trees

If I went down there with my chainsaw to clear some fallen trees would I get in trouble? They are my go to trails. Just want to help if I can.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt24 View Post
    If I went down there with my chainsaw to clear some fallen trees would I get in trouble? They are my go to trails. Just want to help if I can.
    Hi Joe. I organize the trail work parties at Brandywine, with cooperation from both the state and Woodlawn Trustees, who own the land we ride on there. Are there new trees down on the trails? I believe we've cleared most of them and have built some new logovers out of the ones we left. Someone came in early this season and began removing some established logovers, and the locals were all up in arms. So it would be best if you did not go into the park on your own. What do you feel needs work?

Thanks.
    Dusty

bikeboatbrewski
    BAM, contact the land managers first. I am sure they will be happy for your help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    There are 3 or 4 trees down at the trail that runs along the river. It difficult for hikers to even get through or around. Don't worry about me moving or taking out log overs I like all the techy riding down there. It's in the state park area.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm sure you seen me down there one time or another Blue Ford diesel. Fork mount on side of bed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Brandywine

I'm trying to form a trail care crew that will aid in fixing problem areas such as the river trails (currently). Email me at [email protected] and/or call me at 610-350-7063 if you'd be interested in working with me. There's a lot to do there, but there are some dynamics you should know before jumping in. I look forward to talking with you.

Dusty

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I think I have seen you. You have some equipment mounted in the bed of your truck? If yes, I think I saw you out there a couple weeks ago on one of those days when we had a thunder storm.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It was me. I'm a landscaper have all the cool tool to get the job done. I'm busy but will try to make time on the weekends if interested. I'll give you a shout.