Bluefield Wv trails- Mtbr.com
    the mountian is within
    Nov 2004

Bluefield Wv trails

After being out of the mountians for almost 9yrs-the trails that myself and my crew built 15yrs ago for races and such in the Bluefield Wv City Park have been re-done and added to as well.
    Just wondering how folks like them.
    My ride times miss most people-i see new tire treads,but miss the riders.
    This new work on them is nice-even more true single track-switch backs-good stuff!
    So,anyone?
    Thanks
    i own a bikeshop in WV thetruewheelwv.com

mtbr member
    Nothing beats good lung/leg busting rides. roots, rocks, and lots of tight switchbacks. great for beginners and experienced riders and if you break down your never more than about 20 minutes from the car. what more could you ask for (besides a few drops maybe). the old stuff is still some of the best riding in the area and the new stuff is nice an flowey. If anyone is ever in the area, come by and give it a try.
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I will agree the trails in the state park are great besides the lack of a trail map( at least there wasn't one 2 years ago) but the trails are well built and maintained. Though if you did get lost all you had to do was ride out and you were 5 minutes from the car

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drog
    I will agree the trails in the state park are great besides the lack of a trail map( at least there wasn't one 2 years ago) but the trails are well built and maintained. Though if you did get lost all you had to do was ride out and you were 5 minutes from the car
    There are maps at both trailheads now that cover most the trails. and i believe that all the trails are marked now as well. the only thing missing is the standard IMBA markings, but for the most all of city park (aside from the family friendly trail) is probably single diamond due to hard steep climbs, fast descents and hairy switchbacks.
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

Members who have read this thread: 0