blacksburg / virginia tech dirtjumpers?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    459

    blacksburg / virginia tech dirtjumpers?

    hey i'm a frosh and just got up here. need some people to ride with. anyone wanna show me around, maybe where the dirtjumps are? i'm always down for a street ride too

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    551
    i live down the road in salem. id like jumps, tinkered with a few of my own but nothing too huge.

    i ride up at pandapas pond occasionally. good trails up there

    id like to ride around campus sometime. check out all the scenery

  3. #3
    Bicyclochondriac.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 891

    id like to ride around campus sometime. check out all the scenery
    Best done when it's still hot out.

    You in for Wednesday at the Cove?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta
    Best done when it's still hot out.

    You in for Wednesday at the Cove?
    i went up to radford today to visit my sister and have lunch with her.

    scenery was pretty good.

    wednesday it is

  5. #5

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    48
    I live in Blacksburg and ride at Pandapas whenever I get a chance. I'd be glad to show you around some time if you don't mind waiting for a slow person!

    I've never been able to find dirt jumps anywhere around here. If anyone knows of any let me know. Dirt jumping is something I've always wanted to try.

  6. #6

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8

    dirt jumps

    Happened across your guys posts. No real "dirt jumps" to speak of, but the bottom portion of Beauty out at Pandapas has about 4 pretty good dirt jumps. wide double track spaced with some nice little 2-3 1/2 foot tall jumps great for hitting while ripping down the trail.

  7. #7
    Bicyclochondriac.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,172
    Quote Originally Posted by serider
    Happened across your guys posts. No real "dirt jumps" to speak of, but the bottom portion of Beauty out at Pandapas has about 4 pretty good dirt jumps. wide double track spaced with some nice little 2-3 1/2 foot tall jumps great for hitting while ripping down the trail.
    I have seen some people leaving Carin's Cove in full face helmets and light armor and I hear there are some features somewhere up the mountain from either Mad Cow (Songbird), or Funhouse (Arrowhead). Been meaning to check it out, though I doubt they are proper dirtjumps.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.