Bikes, Beer & an exclusive pre-ride of the DBC course.- Mtbr.com
    Slummin'
    Sep 2007

Bikes, Beer & an exclusive pre-ride of the DBC course.

Bikes, Beer & an exclusive pre-ride of the DBC course.
    Saturday 3/7/09 Wintergreen, VA

If you havenít already heard about it check out http://www.virginiaoffroadseries.com/2009/dbc.htm for information on the new Devils Backbone Challenge MTB race near Wintergreen Virginia this March.

The course is on private property and not normally open to the public but there will be a pre-ride of the course this Saturday 3/7/09. The schedule for the 3/7 pre-ride is as follows:

ďAll Riders are welcome to checkout the new course on March 7th. The DBC is a new and exciting race venue. Come on out and ride the course and take in the new Devils Backbone Brewery. The course uses short section of Rt 151(paved), doubletrack and singletrack. We will offer 2 guided rides for anyone and otherwise the course will be open from 10am to 4pm. Please stay on the course. This is private land and a great privilege to be able to use. Have Fun!

Schedule:
    9am Coffee & Waiver signing
    10am Course Opens
    10am & 1pm guided rides from Devils Backbone Brewery. Casual pace to take in and cover the full course.
    4pm Course Closes
    4pm until ???- Hang out at the Devils Backbone Brewery

Riders will be able to ride the course on their own from 10am till 4pm with the 2 led rides available to all.Ē

So come check out the course and the brewery and have a good time.

Peace,
    Metro

PS. I am told by the promoter that the pre-ride is still on for now. Iím just the messenger here but I will do my best to post by 5pm on Friday or before if it gets cancelled.

Mar 2009
    Metro,
    We missed you at the pre-ride buddy, where were you?

-Shawn

www.bikefactoryracing.com

Slummin'
    Sep 2007
    Prior obligations bro. I hated to miss it. Everyone that I spoke with had a great time. The real questions is how as the beer?

Let me know when you guys will be back out there building trail.

Mar 2009
    The beer is awesome!! They make an 8-point IPA that is among the best I have ever had, especially after some trailwork. Food is top-notch also, try the pub-pickles.....but only with friends....you don't want to eat a whole plate yourself.
    Trailwork will be ongoing through the summer, we are done with the build out for the race, now it is a matter of getting stuff in place firmed up and bermed up to race on. Over the summer we are aiming for expanding the mileage and making the venue more single-track racing than double-track.....but the course is SUPER fun and fast as it is.

-Shawn

www.bikefactoryracing.com

Members who have read this thread: 0