Bike shops in Roanoke?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Bike shops in Roanoke?

Where is the best place to stop by for some local advice on Carvin's Cove or other trails to ride this weekend (if it doesn't rain too much)? I'm headed down to visit a friend and want to get him into the sport. Thanks!

dirt rider
    Just The Right Gear, off of 311. You can buy your pass for Carvin's Cove while you're there. Great guys.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Bike shops

I will cast a second vote for Just the Right Gear, really a great shop. They also have a website so google them.

Jim

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by coachjim7
    I will cast a second vote for Just the Right Gear, really a great shop. They also have a website so google them.

Jim
    3rd vote for Just The Right Gear. It is the only shop in the Roanoke / Blacksburg area that I actually like to deal with on a regular basis.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the heads up. Just the right gear is a very nice shop with some very helpful employees. I would definitely give them my business if I lived in the 'noke.

And Carvin's Cove is awesome... We made the mistake of trying to take Hi-De-Ho up to the ridgeline. That was a fun hike. Once we were up there though we took Jacob's Drop to Hemlock Tunnel to Comet and that was an awesome ride. I'm going back in the morning to hit some of the other trails, totally stoked about it.

dirt rider
    Hi-Dee-Hoe is definitely a tough one going UP. Jacob's Drop is intense! Glad you had a good ride.

Gravity addict
    i vote too for just the right gear- awesome customer service!!!
    How's that dirt taste?

Jul 2007
    Another +1 for Just the Right Gear. I've only stopped in there for Cove parking passes but they have always been super nice and helpful.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SWVA-Rider
    Another +1 for Just the Right Gear. I've only stopped in there for Cove parking passes but they have always been super nice and helpful.
    They have the best prices around as well. They are very willing to try and meet online prices.

Gus, just Gus.
    May 2005
    Another for Just the Right Gear... the owner is a really great guy and was always really cool to me.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man."

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007

JTRG for the Cove 411

I vote Just the Right Gear for Cove info also.

Other Roanoke shop info. As a bike shop I have had good luck dealing with Cardinal. They will do more "little" repairs on the spot than others, but wait time for anything major is usually 2 - 3 weeks. They are probably the busiest repair shop in town and usually have at least 2 mechanics working. (They get all the Huffy, WallyWorld repair jobs)

East Coasters has a good reputation also, I just haven't used them. I think I heard that they have a certified RockShox mechanic there.

Dealer Status:
    JTRG - Santa Cruz, Kona
    Cardinal - Giant, Specialized, Raleigh
    East Coasters - Gary Fisher, Trek;

Members who have read this thread: 0