Best way down from Reddish Knob- Mtbr.com
    Bikecurious
    Aug 2007

Best way down from Reddish Knob

So me and a friend are planning to tackle Reddish Knob in the near future and was wondering which trail is the best ride down. I know that at about halfway down you have 3 trails to choose from, Hearthstone, Sandspring, or cut over to Wolf Ridge (or something like that). I have ridden up Hearthstone and down Sandspring, but would like to know what the general concensus is on the whole timber ridge trail. I'd prefer a trail that I can really get rolling on rather than a super rocky/tech descent. Thanks for the input.

Feb 2006
    Well, they can all be a bit bumpy and hair raising at speed. Wolf Ridge is my favorite, but it isn't smooth. Fast yes, but it will test your handling skills.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    My buddy and I climbed Reddish Knob yesterday and descended Timber Ridge all the way to the bottom. It was a bit rough on my Rigid SS, and my buddy thought it was okay on his Yeti 575, but nothing to write home about. If anything, it has caused me to want to get one of my FS bikes back together. I'd really like to try out some of the other trails that descend from the top.

And that climb was brutal, relentless, and awesome!.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hone Quarry is a good one also.

Members who have read this thread: 0