best places to ride in hampton roads- Mtbr.com

Feb 2009

best places to ride in hampton roads

just wonder where the best places to ride in hampton roads va are. Im new to biking so i need some good info

Jan 2009
    I personally like the Indian River Park/Ipswitch trail. It is ever evolving, and easy to get lost in, but plenty enough obstacles, ramps, uphills, downhills, etc., to keep you busy. The only problem is that recently some of the obstacles have been torn up or completely dismantled. One of the other members here posted this link in a previous post of mine: http://www.evma.org/ (thanks fattirewilly!) Check it out, there is a link on that site that gives reviews of all the trails in Virginia, and directions to them as well.

Mar 2009
    I just moved up here from Florida.. before that was living where I grew up in upstate NY.. I really miss singletrack riding. Florida is terrible, unless you like swamp and sugar sand.

From what I can find on the net it seems there are some decent places around Hampton rds area up to a hour travel out. Right now my Jamis is torn down for rebuild.. and the weather sucks for riding.. but once it gets a lil warmer I'll be out rollin round here and there. Are there any ride groups that aren't spandex n pavement specific? Riding solo is fun but always better with others. I hit up a lbs recently but caught em near closing time and didn't want to harass em any longer than needed

Members who have read this thread: 0