Beginner Looking For Rides- Mtbr.com

Oct 2005

Beginner Looking For Rides

OK, so I may be reaching a bit here, but I just went riding for the first time last week in California. I really enjoyed it and want to get more involved. Here's the catch, I don't have a bike yet (I'll probably wait a while since they are so expensive). Is there anyone out there who wants company on a ride or two who will let me use their extra more beat up bike? We can work out some accomodations (like I pay for gas to get where we are going in exchange for using the bike - or provide food or whatever). I am available to ride on weekends and weekdays.

MadProf AKA Marc

Weiner Dog Connoiseur
    You might also want to post your request on the MORE website. MORE is the local IMBA affiliate at:

www.more-mtb.org

Where in the Virginia/MD/DC/WV/DE area are you located?
    Last edited by SaxMan; 10-24-2005 at 03:43 PM. Reason: wrong URL

Oct 2005

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check it out. I am in Arlington, VA. ANy other suggestions are welcome. I really want to give mountain biking a try out here. My first ride started out with about a 1000 foot ascent. It wore me out doing all that up hill, but the down hill was worth it. The descent started with some really steep stuff that I was happy to get through without incident (no stopping, walking, or falling) and then turned into a really fun undulating descent to the bottom.

Marc

Weiner Dog Connoiseur
    Quote Originally Posted by madprof
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check it out. I am in Arlington, VA. ANy other suggestions are welcome. I really want to give mountain biking a try out here. My first ride started out with about a 1000 foot ascent. It wore me out doing all that up hill, but the down hill was worth it. The descent started with some really steep stuff that I was happy to get through without incident (no stopping, walking, or falling) and then turned into a really fun undulating descent to the bottom.

Marc
    Well, you're not going to find any 1000' ascents in the immediate D.C. area, maybe a few 100 or 200 footers. Most of the riding around here is undulations. MORE is pretty active at Fountainhead and Wakefield, two parks near the Beltway and fairly close to you.

Members who have read this thread: 0