Begginer trail near Baltimore- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Begginer trail near Baltimore

Does anyone know of a good trail near Baltimore for me to improve my skills on? I live near Timonium and the only trail around here is the NCR which is completely flat. And could it also be within 10 miles due to the fact that I don't have a drivers license yet. I can't seem to find anything worth it except for Robert E. Lee park but it's getting old and I'm looking for something new. I'm looking for a trail just to learn handle 2+ foot drops and hopefully some larger rocks. If anyone knows of any let me know. Thanks.

Masher
    "Near" baltimore I recommend Rockburn park as you can do loops around the trails near the baseball fields; they are very beginner and, once you improve you skills, it's just a short pedal accross Landing rd to some more challenging rides.

I am the owl
    Head to Loch Raven reservoir. From Timonium the closest trailhead should be the ones off of Warren Rd. near the green metal bridge. On either side of the reservoir you can take the trail all the way to Dulaney Valley Rd, the cross the bridge and return on the other side to complete a loop.

The next closest trailhead would be near Seminary and Dulaney Valley. Pull up Google maps and you'll be able to see the boundaries of the reservoir and where I'm talking about.

Plenty of trails at Loch Raven, go explore!

SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

Sep 2008
    loch raven is good, a step up form REL, have you explored REL much? there are some good technical rock trails a bit hidden but sollid as well as some dirtjumps to mix it up

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iridexc
    loch raven is good, a step up form REL, have you explored REL much? there are some good technical rock trails a bit hidden but sollid as well as some dirtjumps to mix it up
    Finally got a chance to do my own exploring at REL yesterday - there's a lot more cool stuff there than I thought. Everyone knows about the dirtjumps area, but off to the other side of the main trail there's lots of neat rock trails and tight technical stuff that looks hardly ridden. Plenty of sections there that are beyond beginner. I felt eerily lost, even though the din of 83 and Falls Rd was constant.

Coming south from the trailhead by Brooklandville fire station, head right anywhere past the narrow bridge. The best sections seem to branch off just before you get to the DJ area where multiple trails merge. Sorry if I'm giving away someone's "secret" romping ground...

Members who have read this thread: 0