Arcadia VA- Mtbr.com

Thread: Arcadia VA

mtbr member

Arcadia VA

So I have heard a some good things about the trails in the Arcadia VA area, and I'm planning on getting down there to ride soon. Any recommendations on must do trails/loops? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    A couple years ago, we did a ride in that area.
    We parked at Boblett's gap and did Hammonds hollow and Mineshaft using some fire road to link it all together. Mineshaft is REALLY good. Take a look at MTB project. There are several loops in the area.

mtbr member
    Awesome, thanks notso.

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Arcadia is a beautiful area with big climbs. Starting on North Creek road you can slice through Whitetail trail, catch a forest service grassy fire road, gravel road to top and turn onto Pine Mountain (or Pine Ridge depending on who you ask). Fast, fun descent and cross back over Jennings Creek and climb Cove Mountain trail, Section of the Glenwood Horse trail and finish on Little Cove Mountain trail. A locals favorite,
    not a lot of trail markings to get you through. I don't have a map handy but can probably dig up more specifics if you are interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigCreekRider View Post
    Arcadia is a beautiful area with big climbs. Starting on North Creek road you can slice through Whitetail trail, catch a forest service grassy fire road, gravel road to top and turn onto Pine Mountain (or Pine Ridge depending on who you ask). Fast, fun descent and cross back over Jennings Creek and climb Cove Mountain trail, Section of the Glenwood Horse trail and finish on Little Cove Mountain trail. A locals favorite,
    not a lot of trail markings to get you through. I don't have a map handy but can probably dig up more specifics if you are interested.
    I would definitely be interested in checking out a map if you are able to locate one. Thanks!

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarmark View Post
    I would definitely be interested in checking out a map if you are able to locate one. Thanks!
    OK I will dig around a little and PM you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarmark View Post
    So I have heard a some good things about the trails in the Arcadia VA area, and I'm planning on getting down there to ride soon. Any recommendations on must do trails/loops? Any info is appreciated, thanks.
    Just rode there weekend before last. We parked at camping gap and rode the terrapin loop back to camping gap. Then we climbed the grassy road up and dropped onion mt trail, climbed overstreet rd and dropped chestnut mt trail, climbed another fire road and took the horse trail over to the fire road climb up to little cove, dropped little cove and climbed parkers gap to the golf ball and then dropped the fire road back to the car. 54 miles, and almost 10k feet of gain. The trails are riding great right now. PM me if you want better directions. You should buy national geographic map 789, its worth it.
    '16 Giant Trance

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ActivNva View Post
    Just rode there weekend before last. We parked at camping gap and rode the terrapin loop back to camping gap. Then we climbed the grassy road up and dropped onion mt trail, climbed overstreet rd and dropped chestnut mt trail, climbed another fire road and took the horse trail over to the fire road climb up to little cove, dropped little cove and climbed parkers gap to the golf ball and then dropped the fire road back to the car. 54 miles, and almost 10k feet of gain. The trails are riding great right now. PM me if you want better directions. You should buy national geographic map 789, its worth it.
    I have the map, now I just need to get down there to ride. Thanks for the info!

CrgCrkRyder
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ActivNva View Post
    Definitely some of the bigger mountain stuff in the region. It is just under 3000 feet of vertical from the parkway down White Oak ridge, Reed Creek, and Terrapin down to he road near Sedalia. Over 3000 if you started at the slightly illegal golf ball at the very top of Apple Orchard mountain.