Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone riding the Creature at Carvin's Cove?

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jmal 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Creature from Carvins Cove XXC XC Mountain Bike RaceRoanoke Parks and Recreation
Some information in the link above. I think I have the loop pretty well figured out. The only trail I do not know well there is Araminta, I have only been there once.

The written description might be worthwhile to print out, I don't know if maps are going to be available or not. I think the finish on Rattling Run might be brutal about that time of the day.:)

I look forward to it as well.

Also, it looks like the aid stations are at Timberview and Bennett Springs parking lots.

#8 ·
The trails were in great shape. I think the tight slick trail was the second section of Enchanted Forest that we did. I was fully expecting to get soaked on the creek crossings but they were low too. The course is physically difficult, it might be a while before I do another one. Hiking the Rattling Run rock gardens after 30 or so miles was hard on this old guy. All in all it was a lot of fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.