Anyone Going to Dirtfest WV 2018- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Anyone Going to Dirtfest WV 2018

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Yea, I'm going. I decided not to do the one in Raystown this yr. I live close to Big Bear and ride there all the time. I and a friend from Maryland have registered. Anything you want to know about the trails there?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm going! I'm driving up from No VA

Is there going to be food and water available at the event?

Do you park and ride shuttle or park at campground and bike in to the fest?

The area looks pretty rural any restaurants around, I'm staying overnight? I need a greasy Mom and Pop joint for breakfast.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Big Bear is pretty rural but there are a couple places within a short drive. About 10 mins down the road in bruceton mills is Little Sandyís, which is a truck stop, and the Mill Stone Family Resturant. Both serve up a nice greasy breakfast.

A little further towards Morgantown in cheat lake is ruby and ketchys. Itís kind of an iconic place and one of my favorites before a wvu football game.

mtbr member
    Me and my son are going to be there. Debating about camping in a tent/truck or maybe at a friends place at the camp ground.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I wanted to go but I am spending the weekend with my daughter and family camping at Girlscout camp. Their weekend at the camp just happened to be the same weekend as Dirtfest
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    Family is more important bro... I plan on doing some vids while there and a bunch of photo's too so I'll post some things up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPainterGrafx View Post
    Family is more important bro... I plan on doing some vids while there and a bunch of photo's too so I'll post some things up.

For sure. That's why I'm skipping out on DirtFest. I missed camping last year because of work so I took off this year to make sure I could go. Just sucks they both landed on the same weekend.
    Super snowflake = when an avatar offends you so much you have to cry about it and report it to admin. Life must suck for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Had a really good time. The weather was not too bad for July. The trails were fun. The venue was better than I expected.

The food and drink vendors were under a roof, there were chairs and tables, so it was a break from the sun. The spacing works much better than the PA Dirtfest. If you wanted to park close to the Expo you could but you could also park at the trail head and shuttle or take trails to get there.

There was a general store that sold lots of stuff, ice, snacks, drinks, beer. There was a little fish shack in back if you wanted seafood

I'm going next year

mtbr member
    Me and my son was there too man!! We left around noon today because our legs were completely dead!!

We probably met and didn't even know it. Lol

mtbr member
    How was the turn out?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    How was the turn out?
    Hard to say. On Saturday the parking area at the event was full of cars.

I saw a lots of bikes all over the Big Bear Lake area, but can't be sure how many were actually there for the event.

Considering how remote the area is I would say a good turn out

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sml-2727 View Post
    How was the turn out?
    I'd never been to one before, so I can't say how it compared to year's past, but it seemed like the perfect amount of people (I know that means nothing ). There were plenty of people to talk to and ride with, but there were never lines that were long. There were lots of people out riding...but the trails were never congested. Most of the demos were available; the "hot" bikes you might have to wait 45min or so, but you could usually come back and it would be there.

I overheard two separate groups say they liked WV better than Raystown b/c it was more spread out.

I will give a big shout out to Dirt Rag...such a good time and a great event. I'll probably try Raystown next year...but I wouldn't be upset to head to WV either.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I overheard two separate groups say they liked WV better than Raystown b/c it was more spread out.

I agree with this. It didn't seem like things were squeezed together like Raystown

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    IDK numbers wise but I'd say it was pretty good. Most of the air-field was taken up by campers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I've done both WV and PA. The WV venue is tops venue-wise. Access is better, open air showers, a huge pavilion, reduced need for shuttles, and a great demo loop. The food was so-so but filled the gaps. The trails at Rays are more fun but I did not hit everything at WV. VERY likely to return to WV. Rays being in the wettest time of the year is a deal killer. I've left early damned near every time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Crock I think you are exactly right on.

Both have their good and bad points, but I'm going back to both next year