Anyone going to Canaan 7/15-7/17?- Mtbr.com
    the unvarnished nonsense

Anyone going to Canaan 7/15-7/17?

We should get there Friday before noon. Just wondering if any others (especially others named "chili") might be there this weekend. Gotta ride that park to park ride. Maybe Canyon Rim or Plantation as the second ride? So, anyone going to be in the area?
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Professional Slacker
    hmmmm........When are you riding tomorrow (Sat ?) I'd have to leave there by 2:30. I have plans at 5:00 in Cumberland. I'm free all day Sunday. I wish I would've checked this damn board yesterday ! I always forget about the local board. I check a few times a month. Are you camping ? Let me know your ride plans for both days..maybe I can catch up with you one of them. Sunday is more likely, but if you're riding mid-morning tomorrow, i'd make the trip
    Last edited by chili; 07-15-2005 at 12:12 PM.
    Procastinators...Our Leaders of Tomorrow!

the unvarnished nonsense

you didn't miss much...

Unless, of course, you've got a thing for rain, rain, and more rain. Plus, I was pretty ill most of the weekend. How sick was I? All weekend long I consumed a grand total of 1/2 of a beer. Got one ride in on Saturday, from the valley floor to the top of Cabin Mt., old FR 80 across to Timberline, then down Sidewinder, and then back home. Shoulda stayed home and saved the gas money. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Shuffle is about 2 weeks away!!! See you soon!!!
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Professional Slacker
    Quote Originally Posted by davis
    Unless, of course, you've got a thing for rain, rain, and more rain. Plus, I was pretty ill most of the weekend. How sick was I? All weekend long I consumed a grand total of 1/2 of a beer. Got one ride in on Saturday, from the valley floor to the top of Cabin Mt., old FR 80 across to Timberline, then down Sidewinder, and then back home. Shoulda stayed home and saved the gas money. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Shuffle is about 2 weeks away!!! See you soon!!!
    It rained here all weekend too. I'm not sorry I didn't make it. My bike isn't even running really. I will be at the shuffle, although I'm not sure what I'll be riding. I'm going to bring both of my bikes and hopefully get one of them functioning. The rear wheel on the Steelman slips in the dropouts. Beacause of the ENO, when is slips, it changes the entire geometry of the bike which causes my brakes to rub my tires, frame, etc. Its been very frustrating.

This has been part of the reason I've not really been riding. I've only been on singletrack once this year. I thought I'd had it figured out, but when I attempted to ride Friday the same thing happened as always. The only good thing that came out of it is I spotted a bit of orange through the woods while PUSHING my P.O.S. bike back to the car. I went back out Saturday (on foot) and picked over a pound of chanterelles. Yum. I'm hitting the rail trail tonight with Sidney and might make a few stops in search of more.
    Procastinators...Our Leaders of Tomorrow!

Alright, let's ride!
    Chili, I plan on taking both of my bikes so if nothing else works out you may have to sacrifice your integrity and ride one of my p.o.s. bikes.