Any riders in the Romney, WV area ?- Mtbr.com
    Professional Slacker

Any riders in the Romney, WV area ?

ANyone ? Are there any trails in the area ? I have a friend who is trying to get back into riding and is looking for places to ride, people to ride with, etc.
    Procastinators...Our Leaders of Tomorrow!

Jul 2007
    Me!

Because I am !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5yrlaze
    Me!
    Now that really answered the question-s.

Chili, I've never looked around over there, but I guess if it will locate
    a place for your friend to ride I'll have to go exploring. I was kinda
    hoping someone would post something over there anyway so I
    could go ride it. I'll do some looking around and see what I can find.
    Hope we get a chance to ride with you again before the summer is
    over.

ODN
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

Jul 2007
    Well I answered it as such, mainly because I am the guy he is talking about! I can prolly loook for trials myself, but I am so out of shape I dont want to die alone. If I was in better shape I would look for some. I can always drive a hour to Chilis house to ride with him but I would rather get in shape before I did that, I dont want to bore him with cheezy rides!

Because I am !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5yrlaze
    Well I answered it as such, mainly because I am the guy he is talking about! I can prolly loook for trials myself, but I am so out of shape I dont want to die alone. If I was in better shape I would look for some. I can always drive a hour to Chilis house to ride with him but I would rather get in shape before I did that, I dont want to bore him with cheezy rides!
    Cool ! I just thought it was someone trying to be a smart arse . My mistake....
    Well, must not be anyone else over that way. I did do some looking around online
    and not much there. I also have some connections over there with the County so I shot
    them an email to see if they know of any decent trails. One thing you can do it check out
    the WMA's right beside Romney. I see there are several locations that belong to the
    state. I used to use the old roads and trails in our WMA's till I got in better shape. They
    often will have a few trails you can ride in there as well. They are open to the public and
    with no hunting season in right now it's a perfect time to use them.

Nice to make your aquaintence and hopefully I'll be able to met you in person this
    summer some time. I have ridden with Chili numerous times and he never minded
    waiting for me . There are some awesome trails you could get started on during
    a day off down at Davis. The ones out off Camp70 Rd. Chili is aware of them since we
    led the Shuffle group through there. It would be a great place to get back in the swing.
    You can stay to the easier ones till you get your steam back up. Of course I could
    always met you and Chili over there and you both can wait for me.

Welcome to the site and back to mountain biking. Let's get together with Chili for
    a ride some weekend. As a matter of fact, Sunday is looking awefull good right now.
    It only takes me 2 1/2 hours to get to Davis. What do you think Chili ?

ODN

Jul 2007
    Nice to make yours as well! Hmm, never thought of asking anyone form the state or county employment fields, I will have my wife ask a few guys from the DEP she works with. This weekend may not be good for me, be in PA at in-laws most of weekend as well as prolly helping wife with a stream cleaning on Sat. morn, then off to her brothers to help lay block at his cabin near Harrisburg, so I prolly wont get back till late Sun. afternoon. But if we plan it in plenty of advance I am game most anytime. Lil tuff for me to get free I got lil girls I gotta watch most of time (stay at home PaPa), but wuth enuff notice I can get time.

Because I am !

Sounds good !

Keep me in mind also. If you and / or Chili plan a day to go there and ride,
    I hope you let me know. I can usually get away most weekends. Check
    out the roads and possible paths in the local Wildlife Management Area.
    That will give you a place to warm up, off road. Ride safe.

ODN

Jul 2007
    Will do!

Members who have read this thread: 0