Any events or rides this weekend in and around Newark DE ?- Mtbr.com
    Living Life Behind Bars..

Any events or rides this weekend in and around Newark DE ?

looking for a cross or mtb race or a group ride either sat or sun, visiting from Canada and bringing my bike. Thx in advance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by g-t-
    looking for a cross or mtb race or a group ride either sat or sun, visiting from Canada and bringing my bike. Thx in advance.
    Yep, we can work something out for ya. I'll either be riding at Blue Marsh Lake near Reading, Pennsylvania with our local club or at White Clay Creek/Middle Run near Newark on Sunday. If former, can provide ride from my house. If latter, you just need to get to my house and we can ride from there. In either case the ride be will 25-30 miles, non-technical at about 8-10 MPH, if that fits your style.

I might could squeeze something in on Saturday if that works better for you, but some White Clay Trails will be closed for hunting that day. Fair Hill, Maryland might be a better option for Saturday.

Temps predicted in upper 40's, but that should be balmy for a Canuck, eh ?

No MTB races this weekend. Not sure about cross, not my thing. I know there are none near Newark, but there might be one close by in Pennsylvania.

Shoot me a pm to discuss further.

Tim

Living Life Behind Bars..

thx PM'd you with my contact info. Thx

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Trail Conditions

Was thinking of heading down that way this weekend, we had a bit os snow up here and thing are wet. How are the trials down there, good shape?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob W
    Was thinking of heading down that way this weekend, we had a bit os snow up here and thing are wet. How are the trials down there, good shape?
    Nope. Way to wet now. This time of year you'll need freezing temps or at least a couple of drying days. That said, the weekend should be OK if there is little or no precip between now and then and we get some sun.

I'll be gone this weekend or I'd give you an on the spot report. I suggest you try asking on the Delaware Trailspinners Yahoo group later in the week. Link is available on the website (www.trailspinners.org), left hand side. Join a day or so ahead because you need permission to post (but not to view).

Tim S

Members who have read this thread: 0