AM bike @ Snowshoe?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

AM bike @ Snowshoe?

I am thinking of taking my first trip to Snowshoe in mid Sept. This will be my first time riding in a lift park, and I am pretty excited about it. I have an 07 Specialized Enduro. Fox Float fork & Fox DHX air 4.0 shock.

Will this be enough bike to take up there with me, or should I consider a rental? I am trying to keep expenses low, so I would like to avoid a rental, but understand that there is a possibility for repair issues with my own equipment.

I know that I will not be skilled enough to do all their trails, but I do consider myself to be a pretty solid AM rider with entry level freeride skills.

Thanks for your input.

PS: I will be driving up from the Chapel Hill, NC area. Send me a PM if anybody is interested in tagging along and splitting some expenses.

mtbr member
    It's certainly worth it. REALLY worth it.

mk

mtbr member
    Just did a race there with a titus el guapo. It's fun with an AM bike but be ready to take some breaks. After 10-12 runs down the hill I was wishing for bigger tires (run 2.4/2.3 f/r) and more travel. But if you stay away from pro DH and keep to judi chop, ninja bob, power line you'll have a blast on the enduro.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

Members who have read this thread: 0