6 Hour Paranormal Race October 22- Mtbr.com
    featherweight clydesdale

6 Hour Paranormal Race October 22

Here's the flyer link folks!

http://www.cvilleracing.org/events/p...paranormal.pdf

Plenty of room for camping and costumes are strongly encouraged. Last year you got an entry fee discount. This year, even better....

mtbr member
    Nzumbie posted this also. I'm interested in this one. does anybody know what the the course is like and what it is compared to as in the local trails around Maryland? I'm asking this because I've never did a race before and wondering what to expect.

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by upontwo
    Nzumbie posted this also. I'm interested in this one. does anybody know what the the course is like and what it is compared to as in the local trails around Maryland? I'm asking this because I've never did a race before and wondering what to expect.
    The Panorama trails are typically tight and wooded single track with some roots, down logs, and occassional rocks. Almost no flat spots, and typical elevation changes of about 50 to 100 feet. This is in the "Peidmont" portion of the state, or the rolling foothills right before you get to the mountains. The course should be about a 1 hour loop which circles back through the start area.

mtbr member
    Thanks

We want... a shrubbery!
    Panarama farms are literally in my backyard... our XC course (UVA) is also within Panarama, so I do a lot of runs there, including a lot of the bike trails. Tight, wooded single track is a good description, however, there are some flat spots. Expect roots, but definitely not as much as Lodi (if you've ever done that...). Great course, and the brothers that own the farm are great people. I'm not sure if I'm doing this race yet (as it's college XC season) but I will definitely be there for the race.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to help you...
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Do you need to pre-register for this race or can you register when you arrive? Also is there somewhere you can charge your lights? Thanks!

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillis
    Do you need to pre-register for this race or can you register when you arrive? Also is there somewhere you can charge your lights? Thanks!
    You can register at the event, but there is no place to charge. You can always get converter and run the charger from your car.

We want... a shrubbery!
    Fattire is right, there's no place to charge this many batteries... however, you shouldn't really start needing your lights until 2-3 hours into the race (given it's a clear evening/night). If you decide to register at the event it's $5 more than doing the online registration.

All I need to do now is to figure out my costume....
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.

Klein sits on shelf now..

Just a quick update on the course

Everything is running smoothly for the Paranormal. We have a course chosen and mostly laid out (Fattirewilly helped out with that yesterday) and it should be a really fun time.

You can come out and race seriously or just chill out and watch movies. Also if you have any kids that ride bikes, we will be having a free kids race at 3:00 before the adults start at 4:00. Hopefully that will be a lot of fun.

To find the flyer, rules and registration info follow the link and look for the skull.

http://www.cvilleracing.org/

We want... a shrubbery!
    Fattire and Adroit, will you guys be out there racing in this?
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    my attendance will be weather dependant...looks like a chance of "showers". plus i have to mooch a tent of one of my buddies - no way i'm driving the three hours back to baltimore after riding for six hours!
    -jon

Klein sits on shelf now..
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyickyptngzutboing
    Fattire and Adroit, will you guys be out there racing in this?
    I will be there since I am pretty much the race organizer. If I can swing it...I'll race. I am already registered. I think Fattire is looking for a partner.

We want... a shrubbery!
    I'll be there with one of my teammates from 24 Hours of Big Bear... and Jon, (jlang--also part of the same Big Bear team) you better be there. Pssshh rain, if you did Lodi, you've got to do this. Don't wuss out.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

featherweight clydesdale
    Quote Originally Posted by AdroitBreaker
    I will be there since I am pretty much the race organizer. If I can swing it...I'll race. I am already registered. I think Fattire is looking for a partner.
    I have a partner for sport, but I'd like to do Clyde duo. My current partner lost weight over last year and can't make 200, even if he carries my beer.

Current partner is happy to do sport solo, so I'm game if another clyde wants to ride duo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Anybody know if there will be drinking water at the campsite? I'm assuming "primitive camping" means nada.

Members who have read this thread: 0