25 Mile Roadie Sunday 3/8 Near and Around Gambrill Park/Frederick/Myersville- Mtbr.com
    Happy Trails

25 Mile Roadie Sunday 3/8 Near and Around Gambrill Park/Frederick/Myersville

Hey, OK, let's all take care of the trail surface at Gambril... I am down with that (but I think a LOT of guys will be riding this weekend).

So does anyone want to make a 29.5 mile roadie tomorrow morning, Sunday March 8, about 10 AM? From my house in Braddock Heights (just west of Frederick) up three miles to the Gambril Park Yellow Trail Trail Head, then check trail conditions, then three more miles to top of the mountain, then the payoff ... downhill four miles on Highland School Road to Wolfsville/MD-17, south about three miles to MD-40, then up and out about five miles to Greenbriar Park, check the trails, then eleven miles back to Braddock Heights. It's hilly, but I'm a recreational/novice and average about 13 MPH on this trip. Send me a message if you want to cruise on this.
    Last edited by Scott In MD; 03-07-2009 at 09:33 AM.

I am the owl
    I've got other ride plans for Sunday, but the descent down Rum Springs/Highland School Road is a great one. I did it on this ride last weekend and hit 38 mph on the fixed gear. Legs were flailing like egg beaters!
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

ISO Perpetual FLOW
    Sounds like you got the right idea... a friend rode the same kind of ride, sort of, today. He reported back that the trail conditions at Gambrill weren't bad. Also Greenbrier seems to be in good shape, based on one posting on these forums yesterday.

It looks like we're neighbors...I live on the outskirts of Brunswick. I do plenty of road riding around our area, mostly during the day as my schedule is always changing. Maybe we could hook up and ride together sometime. A few of us are doing the three covered bridges ride just north of Frederick tomorrow 8am. If your ride doesn't metarialize tomorrow your more then welcome to join us.

Sweeper
    Good to hear Gambrill and Greenbrier are in ok shape. I am thinking about heading out to Greenbrier tomorrow in the AM if reports are that it is ok. After my close to 40 Mile road ride today on the 9"er I am ready to get on some trails. LOL........

Happy Trails
    269 I would really like to ride bridges with you, but 8 AM on day after daylight savings is probably a little early for me, so let's call it a raincheck. I'll keep in touch.

Happy Trails

38 MPH On a Fixie ...

Quote Originally Posted by riderx
    ... the descent down Rum Springs/Highland School Road is a great one. I did it... last weekend and hit 38 mph on the fixed gear. Legs were flailing like egg beaters!
    Man, I'd have paid good beer money to see that. I hit 46 MPH a few weeks ago on my Spesh Tarmac, in winter conditons... I have no desire to go any faster... well, hardly any desire.

Happy Trails
    It was good...45.5 MPH on the downhill on Highland School Road, on my roadie, but I was running 90 psi (instead of 105) because of the winter road debris. This is a great ride... good trainer with all the hills.

Lots of guys and gals in the Watershed.... I think I'll take advantage of Daylight Savings Time and get a ride in later this week in the evening.

Members who have read this thread: 0