2006 Slatyfork Shuffle date options....- Mtbr.com
    the unvarnished nonsense

New question here. 2006 Slatyfork Shuffle date options....

OK Shufflers. I need some input. I've been hinting at a date change since last year's Shuffle. Instead of the traditional 1st week/weekend of August, how would everyone feel about the end of June? Specifically, I'm thinking June 21- June 25. I know we were talking about taking the Shuffle and Travelling Medicine Show on the road to Douthat around that time, but we can deal with Douthat after we get the Slatyfork Shuffle firmed up.

The reasons for this week are twofold. First off, if we have the Shuffle at the traditional time, we'll be without our beloved friend, camp cook, and generally all-around good guy Chili. That week he'll be busy passing out in a Delivery Room somewhere as he has decided to produce yet another offspring, and that's about when the big moment will arrive. I know, I know, poor timing on his part, but hey, he's our bud.

Secondly, there's a group of eight potential victims, err, I mean new riding friends, coming down to Slatyfork from the Philly area that week/weekend.

I know most of you are relatively flexible, Chili has told me that end of Junish is probably good for him, LowCel is probably a problem (like always) ...so, I could use some input from Alabama, North Carolina, MD, PA, VA and the rest of yinz. Whaddayathink?
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Professional Slacker
    The reasons for this week are twofold. First off, if we have the Shuffle at the traditional time, we'll be without our beloved friend, camp cook, and generally all-around good guy Chili. That week he'll be busy passing out in a Delivery Room somewhere as he has decided to produce yet another offspring, and that's about when the big moment will arrive. I know, I know, poor timing on his part, but hey, he's our bud.
    Thanks for the kind words Davis. Now I'm feeling all warm and mushy inside. Poor timing was pushing when I should've pulled. Anyway, while I do feel a bit guilty that I'm a major cause of change in the original plan, I am of course very grateful and am hoping that an earlier time will work out for everyone. Those dates obviously will work fine for me, but regardless of what is decided, I am determined to make it to Slatyfork one way or another this spring or summer. I hope it can be with the rest of the (un)ususal suspects, but if not, I guess I'll just have a long wait looking forward to 2007.
    Procastinators...Our Leaders of Tomorrow!

www.justthebonnet.com
    Yeah as long as Chili is camp cook I'm free for those dates. Maybe we can castrate Chili on Redrun to prevent any further mishaps.
    Capt_Phun's Riding Blog:
    http://captphun.blogspot.com/

I better go get my headlamp while I'm sober....ish

Jan 2004
    I wanted to make last years but things came up and I was not able to make it, so if you do not mind a new guy joining the fun as of right now those dates seem fine for me.

Question regarding the camping, if I am able to go I would only be able to get there for the weekend, how are the camp sites broken up? Is it first come first serve? Do you gusy reserve them?

Thanks
    Dan

the unvarnished nonsense

no worries...

Dan-

Unfortunately, the USFS doesn't let us reserve campsites, but its not a problem. I live only a few minutes away, so I go a night early, grab a good site along Tea Creek, then we occupy several more as everybody gets in. All the USFS cares about is only 2 cars per site, so we unload and park the cars in the public lot inside the campsite and its all good. Just bring your bike and whatever, we'll make sure to leave the light on and get you a place for your tent. Looking forward to seeing you this year!
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

dead weight
    Dec 2003
    June 21-25 looks good to me. My schedule is pretty flexible so you can set whatever date works for the rest of you guys. I'm looking forward to this, we missed last year.

Jack

Not sure what to type?

Good job! Works for me...

Sorry for the late response. I've been at NASA all week installing parts on airplanes for flight testing.
    Anyway, those dates should workout fine for me. I also just spoke with JR (Ballbat) and he says it's good for him too.
    The Juice Was Worth The Squeeze!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0