12th Annual Wild 100 Results- Mtbr.com
    the unvarnished nonsense

12th Annual Wild 100 Results

The 12th annual Wild 100 was held Saturday, August 18th at Elk River Touring Center and covered the majority of Gauley Mountain. The weather was great and the racers seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves. Congratulations to the team of TJ Platt and Travis Saeler, the first two racers to cross the finish line. Also a big Elk River congratulations to Benji Klimas for winning the Wild 100 PLUS category which contains an extra checkpoint. As usual, Benji won on a singlespeed. All who finished are truly winners! Thanks also to all of the Elk River staff and volunteers who made the event possible. Hope to see you all back here next year for the 2008 Wild 100!

Full results can be found here:

http://www.ertc.com/assets/Wild%2010...ult%202007.htm
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

Because I am !
    Quote Originally Posted by davis
    The 12th annual Wild 100 was held Saturday, August 18th at Elk River Touring Center and covered the majority of Gauley Mountain. All who finished are truly winners!
    davis, where were the check points? Just wondering what I missed. I'm with you
    in the fact that anyone that finished that one should get a trophy. I see one that was
    out there 14 hrs? Wow ! I'd have needed lifeflight....

ODN
    Caffeine ! "Do stupid things faster and with more energy" ! !

the unvarnished nonsense
    Start at Elk River
    Checkpoint #1 was up on Gay Sharp Knob (about a 1/2 mile from the Slatyfork side of #150.
    Checkpoint #2 was off of Mine Rd a few miles past where #24 turns right to run out to Prop's.
    Checkpoint #3 was at the Tea Creek Mt. Trail parking area.
    Checkpoint #4 was at the overlook at Boundary/Saddle Loop junction.
    Checkpoint #5 was about a mile down Prop's.
    Checkpoint #6 (for the 100 PLUS) was on Bear Pen Ridge at the top of the descent to Tea Creek.
    Finish up at Elk River.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member
    Can honestly say that I enjoyed the Wild 100 as a 1st timer--definitely challenges your inner soul. The scenery helps as does other riders. BTW...the weather was absolutely fabulous. Saw several faces over and over due to riding Gauley three times (several "biker up" callouts). Will definitely be there next year, but would suggest staying in a cabin or the inn (or elsewhere locally). "Shanie town" in the tent area was ridiculous.

As far as the route, we took the following roads/trails: 219/Crooked Fork/Gay Sharp (past two bulls with territorial rites)/Scenic/Red Spruce/Scenic/Gauley/FS 24(and back)/Gauley/Connector to Tea Creek Mtn(and back)/Gauley/FS 24/FS 135/Boundary/Shortcut out of Boundary/FS135/FS24/Props. Total mileage about 74 miles.

Saving the best for last...KUDOS to the support and staff. Davis...you should have shared that Yengling between CP4 and CP5 (I was craving some good suds at that point). The food and brews afterwards definitely capped the day off. Hope to see you guys soon on the mountain. We plan on making a trip this fall to get in some miles.

Members who have read this thread: 0