12 hours for St. Jude at Patapsco- Mtbr.com
    Bicycle rider

12 hours for St. Jude at Patapsco

Who is doing it? I know some here raced it last year. Please chime in with thoughts, etc.

Lets start building a team.

http://www.12hrsforstjude.org/index.html

Cracker
    maybe they should have this one a night

Sweeper
    I am always in for charity! I did not have time to look the site over good but I did not see course or info about the ride itself. 12 hours of riding with teams?

Bicycle rider
    I think Ed did it last year so he can tell us about the route.

mtbr member
    I'm interested in doing it.

2 man teams? Solo?
    "My Fat Hurts." - Me

mtbr member
    Yep did it last year...solo, single speed came in 6th or 5th can't remember...bad ass layout especially by lap 6-8 whew....bring a map along and I'll show ya all the route...it's a GREAT group and an OUTSTANDING CAUSE...for the KIDS...Raymond from Chesapke Cycles & Sport in Havre De Grace is one of the Promotors, super guy, they all did an outstanding job...and man the Fire/Rescue and Police were out there in huge force, course marshalls/etc...gave them a perfect opportunity to test all their equipment and skills, it was a training mission for them, so all the racers were WELL looked after....one of the toughest parts was leaving the big parking lot where the big playgrounds at, heading up the road turning left going up the BIG gravel road (morning choice)...they had it split with yellow caution tape cause you also came down it to EVERY lap, to finish each lap at the parking, then head back out to climb that hill...Whew!, at the 4 way junction at the top, you turned right on the yellow...did the field, then the big dip, then the field, then back up to yellow where you head over to the road that you cross to go down Blue, Cascade...then followed Ridge, to come back out at the gravel road (morning choice) to go back down, and do it all again...

Ahhhh and you guys don't need teams...by the time this race rolls around you'll have at least 6+ races under your belt and 12 hours will be nothing...you can do it solo...hell this OLD MAN did it AND on a single speed....WITH A HEART THAT UNBEKNOWNST TO ME WAS FAILING...Boy if that aint puttin the pressure on you young bucks...LOL...besides there will be some 50 milers come May that you can do to warm up on...and there is the Bakers Dozen in April...now thats a team one for ya....

Ed

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info, Ed. FWIW...I'm thinking of doing the BD solo, just for the sheer terror that I'm feeling about it.

I read that they had to change the venue this year for this event? That's what the website says...
    "My Fat Hurts." - Me

Bicycle rider
    I'm thinking of starting a 2 or 3 person team. Who wants in?

mtbr member
    I do.

Am I fast enough?

EDIT: Looking at the date, I wouldn't be able to commit for quite a while. Gotta make sure I don't have an event that weekend.
    "My Fat Hurts." - Me

mtbr member
    I'm in again...it's a fabulous cause...I raised somemoney for it last year too...try and do better this year with getting funds...the organizers are great!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0