year help of this joe breezer- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010

year help of this joe breezer

can you guys help me name the year of this joe breezer? thnx

mtbr member
    Look at the serial number. The first digit is the year. It will be a 4, 5, or 6 for 1994, 1995, or 1996.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    Look at the serial number. The first digit is the year. It will be a 4, 5, or 6 for 1994, 1995, or 1996.
    would that be on the headtube? cause if it is then its gone, my dad egged the headtube out and had it replaced

mtbr member
    Also, it's pre-1997. The D-Fusion tubing was started in that year - which is a ovalized down tube where it joins the head tube. Yours appears to be round, so it's earlier.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freedo
    would that be on the headtube? cause if it is then its gone, my dad egged the headtube out and had it replaced
    I think that it's on the bottom of the bottom bracket shell. If you don't see it there, I'll look to see where it is on my Breezer.

VRC Illuminati
    Those cranks look sweet.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    lol, my dad was crossing the street to beat traffic, and he pushed down and they snapped. he said back in the 90's they were $400 + cranks that lasted up till last year

mtbr member
    If that bike's serial number is in the same place as on mine it will be on the bottom of the bottom bracket shell.

Here's my 2000 Breezer Lightning, which I built up using a $150 frame I bought off Craigslist. Since taking this picture I've gotten it down to 21 1/2 pounds, and there are lots of changes that could be made to get it lighter than that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    my dad thinks its a 96. but i think the serial # was on the og headtube so we may never know

VRC Illuminati
    Unlikely it was stamped on the headtube. Maybe a 'made in Taiwan' decal is what he's thinking of?
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadsters
    If that bike's serial number is in the same place as on mine it will be on the bottom of the bottom bracket shell.

Here's my 2000 Breezer Lightning, which I built up using a $150 frame I bought off Craigslist. Since taking this picture I've gotten it down to 21 1/2 pounds, and there are lots of changes that could be made to get it lighter than that.
    Are you successfully running 1x(8,9) without a chain guide?
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    On this bike I'm running Dura-Ace 7700 cranks with a 39-tooth Ritchey chainring, an NOS Dura-Ace 118mm bottom bracket, a Dura-Ace 7701 chain, and an American Classic 12-25 nine-speed aluminum cassette. So far the chain has stayed in place.

Members who have read this thread: 0