Where to find Manitou I elastomers- Mtbr.com
    MTBR Tool

Where to find Manitou I elastomers

Have a 91 Roberts White Spider HT that I want to convert to SS - the steerer tube is 1" so new forks are out of the question but I have the original Manitou I's

Now that the elastomers have turned to treacle - does anyone have a source for old elastomers or at worst a spring/damper replacement?

Tia - Rex

I like butter
    Jan 2004

stuff fo yo fork

Marzocchi is still doing some 1" forks or they will press one into any other of their forks for a small sum.
    You may want to give the guys at http://www.hippiesuspension.com a yell to see what they could do if you are wanting to keep the Manitou

wESd

Jan 2004

no elastomers, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Srexy
    Have a 91 Roberts White Spider HT that I want to convert to SS - the steerer tube is 1" so new forks are out of the question but I have the original Manitou I's

Now that the elastomers have turned to treacle - does anyone have a source for old elastomers or at worst a spring/damper replacement?

Tia - Rex
    I have sitting on my desk a brand new in the package Manitou M1, M2, M3 bushing and seal kit. If you want it, email your address to me and I'll mail it to you.

austinc at exponent dot com

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

since I sell a lot of 1" steerer rigid forks...

I can assure you that its not impossible to find forks for classic bikes, even 1" steerer ones.

Jan 2004

Try Bike Beat

Bike Beat Chumba Wumba
    (714) 577-1159

I had spent weeks searching websites, calling bike stores, etc in search of elastomers for my Manitou 3's. I went to the Bike Beat to inquire on a "modern" suspension fork for a 1" head tube. They told me that Marzochi was the only manufacturer still making a susp. fork for 1" tubes. He also warned me that my geometries would be all dorked up due to the longer length... I didn't even think to ask about elastomers until I saw an old vintage mtb with Manitou 3's on it!! I asked if I could just steal the elastomers out of it while his back was turned.. He said he remembers having a box tucked away in the rafters with some misc elastomers. He took my number and said he'd call when/if he found them. 6 hours later I got a call. He hooked me up with a full set of yellows (firm) for... get this.. free!!! These guys rock!! The store ain't what it used to be but the customers service is still top notch.

Good luck,

Paul

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    I still got a bunch of the Firm (yellow) and Extra Firm (brown) M1 elastomers, NOS condition
    myself.

MTBR Tool
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    I still got a bunch of the Firm (yellow) and Extra Firm (brown) M1 elastomers, NOS condition
    myself.
    Any interest in getting rid of some of those elastomers?

I might have some old pieces for trade...