WANTED: '93 - '94 Grove Innovations X frame- Mtbr.com
    Inbred Homebrewer

WANTED: '93 - '94 Grove Innovations X frame

Other than the '91 at First Flight, has anyone seen any of these frames anywhere recently?

A friend of mine built one up about 10 years ago. His was custom painted, red metallic with green zebra stripes (much cooler looking than it sounds). It was such a sweet ride. A truly bombproof eastern woods bike. He sold it a few years ago, and I've been hoping to track it (or one like it) down for quite some time now. Problem is, they're next to impossible to find on the web or elsewhere.

I contacted Bill Grove 3 or 4 years ago about having one built but, in the end, it never happened.

Any leads on tracking down a mid-nineties X would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. don't let the fred-like appearance of that Salomon bike fool you! The X is awesome when built up w/ the right parts spec.
    "mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Stick,

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for:
    http://www.dirtragmag.com/forums/sho...0438#post30438

rickyd

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    that's an x-frame by the description but a pic would be nice.

those are Rollercams...

... and if we just ...

That's my X and a funny thing happened when I took it down to photograph it.I decided to keep it and build it back up.I'll post some pics once it's complete unless anyone wants to see the frame first.

Inbred Homebrewer

Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by WTB
    That's my X and a funny thing happened when I took it down to photograph it.I decided to keep it and build it back up.I'll post some pics once it's complete unless anyone wants to see the frame first.
    I guess I need to check in here more often! Thanks for the heads up anyway, Drevil.

WTB, if you change your mind about selling it... please let me know!! I live in Montgomery County, PA and would be happy to pick it up.

Thanks in advance! oh, and let's see a pic or two anyway, if you don't mind.

P.S. If anyone's interested, I actually managed to get in touch with the guy who bought my friend's X back in 1998. Long story. Suffice to say the internet is vast and far-reaching, but there're not that many red and green zebra striped Grove Xs in the world!

Here's a pic the current owner sent me. Certainly a far cry from its original build (w/ matching rigid fork and bar/stem combo, red anno Moby post and full suntour xc pro microdrive grouppo), but the frame is the same as it was when it left the "factory" in 1994.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stick; 07-30-2004 at 12:08 PM.

Jan 2004
    Okay, nice X I see marinovative cheap tricks, and one seriously tinkered with Judy FSX? But what kind of cranks are those? If those are the fabled Machine Tech units rumored to exist/not exist, you are probably sitting on a gold mine.

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsuperpetis
    Okay, nice X I see marinovative cheap tricks, and one seriously tinkered with Judy FSX? But what kind of cranks are those? If those are the fabled Machine Tech units rumored to exist/not exist, you are probably sitting on a gold mine.
    Maybe Zipp cranks?

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Drevil
    Maybe Zipp cranks?
    good eye. they're zipp

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    I guess I need to check in here more often! Thanks for the heads up anyway, Drevil.

WTB, if you change your mind about selling it... please let me know!! I live in Montgomery County, PA and would be happy to pick it up.

Thanks in advance! oh, and let's see a pic or two anyway, if you don't mind.

P.S. If anyone's interested, I actually managed to get in touch with the guy who bought my friend's X back in 1998. Long story. Suffice to say the internet is vast and far-reaching, but there're not that many red and green zebra striped Grove Xs in the world!

Here's a pic the current owner sent me. Certainly a far cry from its original build (w/ matching rigid fork and bar/stem combo, red anno Moby post and full suntour xc pro microdrive grouppo), but the frame is the same as it was when it left the "factory" in 1994.
    That is one ugly bike....so cool!

Some money tied up in the wheelset too.

Nuke Proof bar ends?
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.