VRC sites in Santa Barbara area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

VRC sites in Santa Barbara area

I am going to be on the west coast in Jan. for a wedding and wanted to get a recommendation on a place to visit for a Friday afternoon. Any bike stores where I can look at their collection on display would be of most interest, and the closer to the Santa Barbara city center the better. The idea of getting to do an entire day of exploring would be a bit unrealistic. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The Bici on State Street has a large and very sweet array of road bikes and stuff.
    The Bici | Vintage Cycling Goods

Enjoy

mtbr member
    That'd be the place for road stuff. Not much mtb. Unfortunately they just re-arranged their store--it used to have long aisles and you could poke around neat old stock parts. Now its got a counter in the front that blocks the store off from customers. Seems like a dumb change to me. I asked the wrench who was there the other day (not the owner), and he said the rearrangement was because it was too much of a hassle to have people looking at things and asking questions

Still, lots of neat stuff. Pricey though it may be.
    Somec is like the digital Zunow
    And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5h3y0a9AU

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    I'm in the SFV, you could come paw through my crates and bins of stuff. About an hour from SB.

Atomic Cycles

mtbr member
    You can go see these at Hazard's.

In other news, the Bici moved. Not sure if the new space is open yet, but I think it is in the same building.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VRC sites in Santa Barbara area-img_3792.jpg  

VRC sites in Santa Barbara area-img_3794.jpg  

Over the Hill
    I live downtown SB. Yes, Bici has moved to another location still within the Victoria Court area, but not on State St now. But, if you want to cruise for mtn bikes, that is not the place, they are a vintage road bike shop with some new road and single speed stuff. Right on State St. is Velo Pro, Open Air Bicycles, and Cranky's. A bit uptown on Hitchcock near State is Bicycle Bob's that carries Trek and Specialized. Hazards Cycle is on Santa Barbara St near the railroad tracks if you can find it. REI is on Anacapa right at the freeway just a block off State St. You can see all the locations on a google search.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks to everyone who answered, good looking out. I am excited to check out at least one cool place while I am out in Santa Barbara, so it looks like its going to be Hazard's, if I can find it. Thanks for the picture references, yo_Nate & Club Mud, awesome to know all the options . Also, appreciate the invite rev106, but I am trying to keep it as local as possible. Not really looking for anything in particular so even seeing a few VRC bikes would be a cool experience. Anyone coming to South Beach, please let me know, I would be be welcome to point out some great local spots.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I wanted to thank those who helped me get an educated bike fix in while I was visiting Santa Barbara, much appreciated. Certainly did make it over to Hazard's on Sunday during the day and it was nice to see the Ritchey they had on display. Then a cool thing happened while I was at a wedding related party. The venue happened to be tucked away in a building off of State St. and next to a non-decript glass door and small window. Even though the view was sort of covered I was able to spot a row of bike frames on display. While looking at the frames someone was coming out of the door and we chatted for a few minutes and I asked if they were open and he said,"not quite yet, still putting stuff away after the move." The next day I walked by the front door this time,while on the way back from my tour of local bike shops, and saw that same guy from last night's chat approaching. Anyways he said I could come inside while he was straightening up and we went over some bikes he had in stock. Of most interest to me were some cool looking mods that he was working on. The owner, Baron, turned out to be a really nice guy and I made sure to let him know that the the VRC forum gave him a shout out.

mtbr member
    Nice! I've been meaning to stop by the new space. Glad you got to do a little touring around town!