unwell Bontrager Race- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

unwell Bontrager Race

noticed a couple of little bubbles under the powder coat, bit more investigation and it seems the seat tube has rusted through in a few places.

Wondering what i can do, i have stripped all the parts and am building up my Privateer frame, but it isn't the same.

Thinking about getting the frame resprayed and mounting it on the wall. to do this i would want a set of Decals, does anyone know of someone who does the latter style Decals and would supply to the UK.

defender of bad taste
    Nov 2007
    Decals - there is a thread about repro decals on this board:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ntrager+decals

Or you could join Retrobike (www.retrobike.co.uk) and contact gil_m who will make a set of decals to your specifications for a very reasonable price.

Or you could find a good frame builder and get them to put a new seat tube in your bike.
    5 is the old new black; 6 is the new new black...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mechagouki
    Or you could find a good frame builder and get them to put a new seat tube in your bike.
    Probably cheaper and almost certainly safer to replace the whole frame. Watch ebay, they can be found on the cheap if you are patient.

And for gawd's sake, use frame saver next time. The UK isn't exactly famous for being dry.

Members who have read this thread: 0