Ritchey Ascent Comp Campagnolo Bling-Bling- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Ritchey Ascent Comp Campagnolo Bling-Bling

Here is mine Bling-bling 1989 Ritchey AscentComp with full 10*2 speed Campagnolo Chorus, Centaur, Veloce and Record group. Hubas are MTB Hügis and cassette is a Shimano Ultegra 6700 11-28. Chain SRAM 1070. For is the Mag 21. Nice, one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. Feels my Yeti Road project with Campagnolo Record group and Hügi hubs.

More images https://www.flickr.com/photos/983983...7622004280595/

artistic...
    i like everything but... carbon crankset on an old steel bike looks weird. also, what gearing are you rolling there? what rings on that crank?
    i would also drop that susp fork asap for a ritchey or similar low crown fork.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    i like everything but... carbon crankset on an old steel bike looks weird. also, what gearing are you rolling there? what rings on that crank?
    i would also drop that susp fork asap for a ritchey or similar low crown fork.
    Thanks for your interest and thoughts!

Hehe, the carbon crank was a deal I could not let go, I was initialy going for a polished Campagnolo Centaur alu crank. So this carbon crang will be swap crank for my Yeti Road project for hill and long distance races.

Gearing; rear cogs is a 10 speed Shimano Ultegra 6700 11-28 cassette. In front the crankset is a Campagnolo UT compact Centaur carbon crank with standard 34/50. I will try to find a black Ritchey WCR 46 or 48 chainring.

The fork came with the frame and it wil stay. I am mostly riding on fire roads and a suspention fork is a must at high speeds. I have other bikes with ridgid forks.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by digilux
    Thanks for your interest and thoughts!

Hehe, the carbon crank was a deal I could not let go, I was initialy going for a polished Campagnolo Centaur alu crank. So this carbon crang will be swap crank for my Yeti Road project for hill and long distance races.

Gearing; rear cogs is a 10 speed Shimano Ultegra 6700 11-28 cassette. In front the crankset is a Campagnolo UT compact Centaur carbon crank with standard 34/50. I will try to find a black Ritchey WCR 46 or 48 chainring.

The fork came with the frame and it wil stay. I am mostly riding on fire roads and a suspention fork is a must at high speeds. I have other bikes with ridgid forks.

i consider a mag21 dead weight. that ritchey screams at fire roads w/ ritcheys rigid fork. just my opinion of course...
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member

Members who have read this thread: 1