Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 1,001 to 1,022 of 1022
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Thanks Matt! It was a pleasure meeting you. I have had the bike for 17+ years. It never occurred to me to sell, but as I said, I really never got attached to it. My first and only love is the Fat Chance. Maybe a FC 2.0 will warm my heart.

Enjoy it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

1988 Mountain Goat Escape Goat

Hi All,

I've been thinking of selling my 88 Mountain Goat Escape Goat and I can't find any comparable bikes online to get a value. Does anyone have an idea of what vintage Mountain Goat's are worth or what a fair asking price would be? Thanks

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_7633.jpg

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by SludgeFactory View Post
    Hi All,

I've been thinking of selling my 88 Mountain Goat Escape Goat and I can't find any comparable bikes online to get a value. Does anyone have an idea of what vintage Mountain Goat's are worth or what a fair asking price would be? Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7633.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	1193858
    In briefly searching I found a few examples. They were in the $350 - $400 range but they're a few years old, so I wouldn't be certain on that. Seems like it would be worth quite a bit more to me.
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    In briefly searching I found a few examples. They were in the $350 - $400 range but they're a few years old, so I wouldn't be certain on that. Seems like it would be worth quite a bit more to me.
    Thanks for the reply. I would think they would be worth a little more than that but maybe not. I'll just have to keep my eye out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I am looking for a bar stem that is 25.4mm and 1 inch, preferably less than 100mm long and has some angle to it. Very difficult to locate one. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hi Guys,

I've gotten my hands on a cunningham rollercam brake with a WTB brace. Its a bit rusty on some of the steel pieces, and it came with a custom titanium anti-chain suck device. Could I get a WIW?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by deathispeace View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've gotten my hands on a cunningham rollercam brake with a WTB brace. Its a bit rusty on some of the steel pieces, and it came with a custom titanium anti-chain suck device. Could I get a WIW?
    Good find, price can vary, but pics always help , of both the brake and that Ti chain suck device! Cheers and I'm sure you won't have a hard time getting it off your hands. BTW, where did you find it?
    Cheers,

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I found it on a hodgepodge bike that someone pieced together. Random xt m739 rapidfire shifter brake lever combo, m730 canti brake on front, the cunningham brake on the underside u-brake mount, wtb king patent pending grease guard headset, m735 front derailleur, m732 rear derailleur, crank brothers dogbone crank, all on a 1997 diamondback arrival frame. There's an unknown bottom bracket that seems to be a pressed in titanium due to magnets not sticking to the axel, but it has threaded cups. A neighbor was using it as a commuter for a while and was selling it and so I snatched it

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Those are the best ways to come across those rare to rare'ish parts, as I said pics would be nice when you get a chance. I'm sure people will chime in with prices and maybe offers? I might be interested in the rollercam. Cheers

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Diamondback Arrival Components by Peaceisdeath | Photobucket

I linked the images here

Help IDing the anti chain suck device would be great
    Last edited by deathispeace; 06-15-2018 at 09:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Greetings from Germany

Hello everyone, I am writing you from Germany and I own a really nice Kuwahara oncilla MTB from the early 2000's. I was always unsure if I should sell it or not. So I decided to ask some folks that answer me that question. I know the bike probably doesn't fit into the category of being vintage, but let's call it a young timer! I did actually read the forums faq, but I don't want to put the bike into ebay for 99 cent's - no not gonna happen!

Regarding the bike's condition, yes it needs cleaning, yes it is fully functional, it need some new parts like a new chain, probably a new disk (front) and (back) and tires and some oil

Anyway let's get to the meat, shall we?

https://postimg.cc/image/b3fj05ncd/
    https://postimg.cc/image/j8xkyctlp/
    https://postimg.cc/image/hh4m3i7ot/
    https://postimg.cc/image/ni2b0o9rh/
    https://postimg.cc/image/ula6gd7i5/
    https://postimg.cc/image/89cdn15u5/
    https://postimg.cc/image/yuewindd9/
    https://postimg.cc/image/h5n5qiebh/
    https://postimg.cc/image/nw3mzzr7h/

I would love to hear your opinions, it might be that this bike don't fit any "kuwahara" fan restrictions, because it might be to new, it was one of the last models to get your hands on. I bought it around the year 2000 (I am not exactly sure) and it hat a new price of around 2.400 Euro's

I bought it for less because it was the last years model...

slow
    Typically photos showing the drive side of the bike and drivetrain component details are helpful in determining value. The bike is not old enough or unique enough to interest a collector and not new enough to compete with newer bikes for a buyer's attention unless it is at a very low price. The likely buyer is someone looking for an inexpensive bike to ride around the neighborhood or someone looking to buy an inexpensive bike for their kid. If you like to ride it and enjoy it, your best bet is to keep it and enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018

Pair of Raleigh Supercourse Road Bikes (circa 1974)

I'm 75 and gave up bicycling many years ago--after my fourth knee operation made it impossible to get around a crankset. My wife and I have a pair of Raleigh Supercourses (model DL-100 purchased in 1974), originally set up by Olympic bicycle guru Matt Assenmacher. Condition is somewhere between GOOD and VERY GOOD (i.e., no mechanical issues, but definitely need a tuning after hanging unused for 40 years) and have a lot of high-quality components--Avocet II saddles, rear luggage racks, frame pump (one), Sugino chainwheels, Shimano clusters (proportional gearing), duralumin wheels, 110 psi tires, Campagnolo bar-end shifters and seat post on one of the two. Miscellaneous accessories: spokes, spoke wrench, bicycle wrenches, cable, third hand, stands, tire irons, tire repair kits, various lubricants, etc. Can someone suggest what I should be asking for the whole kit?
    Last edited by hfrank; 07-26-2018 at 06:33 AM. Reason: add model number

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by hfrank View Post
    I'm 75 and gave up bicycling many years ago--after my fourth knee operation made it impossible to get around a crankset. My wife and I have a pair of Raleigh Supercourses (model DL-100 purchased in 1974), originally set up by Olympic bicycle guru Matt Assenmacher. Condition is somewhere between GOOD and VERY GOOD (i.e., no mechanical issues, but definitely need a tuning after hanging unused for 40 years) and have a lot of high-quality components--Avocet II saddles, rear luggage racks, frame pump (one), Sugino chainwheels, Shimano clusters (proportional gearing), duralumin wheels, 110 psi tires, Campagnolo bar-end shifters and seat post on one of the two. Miscellaneous accessories: spokes, spoke wrench, bicycle wrenches, cable, third hand, stands, tire irons, tire repair kits, various lubricants, etc. Can someone suggest what I should be asking for the whole kit?
    Not my expertise, but looking at what has sold on ebay, $100 - $500. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1

Don't take that as anything remotely definitive though, sometimes there are specific frames or components that can dramatically change the price. Just giving you something to start with.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    Not my expertise, but looking at what has sold on ebay, $100 - $500. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&LH_Complete=1

Don't take that as anything remotely definitive though, sometimes there are specific frames or components that can dramatically change the price. Just giving you something to start with.
    Thanks for the link. Actually, eBay was my first look. It was the range ($100-500) that sent me scurrying for other sources.
    Last edited by hfrank; 07-26-2018 at 09:39 AM. Reason: additional text.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I've got a High Sierra that needs a new home. I bought it new in '86 (think that was the year). It's white and brown, size 21" if anyone's interested....

Nothing seems to kill me
    If it's safe to ride, just donate it to bikes for kids or the like.
    Last edited by CUP-TON; 08-08-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    Twilight falls upon old souls darkening our skin & bone.Soon I'll follow Prudence home until then just let me chase this sun

No known cure
    I know this is an old thread but wanted to clarify that a yellow High Sierra is a '88.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

mtbr member
    A friend of mine was cleaning out his dad's garage and he gifted me with an oldie. I'm not sure exactly what year, but looks to be 83 or 84. All original parts, but needs a complete overhaul.

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-img_1170.jpg
    The Truth will set you free.

....but it might offend you first!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

Culling - Salsa a la carte

Hello folks, took a bit of a hiatus, between work and a lunatic home building project I've been busy. That last massive undertaking is also why I'm writing here. So, I've had to cull the small herd, the P-22 R/W/B went easily and fairly as a anniversary present as did the P-29.

In either case the last to go (holding on to brazed ones) will be my beloved Salsa A la carte with the dirt drop set-up. I'm going to first try to sell it here and Bay Area craigslist, but can you all chime in and tell me if this is a good starting. Here are a couple pics, the wheels will be Shimano XT (732?) laced to Mavic 231s. The rest is evident, but Salsa P-10? drop stem, RM-2 bars, very nice Bontrager comp fork in chrome, M900 brakes and crank, with XT front rear der......does $1,400 sound like a fair jumping off point? it's a 19.5" and hence fit a good range of heights...FYI Bonty frame also up for sale

Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-s3.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-s.jpgOfficial What is it Worth thread (WIW)-s1.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official What is it Worth thread (WIW)-bont2.jpg  

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Well, I couldn't even get $200 for a good condition racelite a few months ago, so Bontrager values are at an all time low IMO. The switchblade is easily worth more than the Bontrager frame though. Those are borderline unobtainium at this point. I have no clue on that salsa frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Thanks Man, and yeah I've seen that with the Bontys, I'll actually keep it for another days build. For the moment I'll keep the Bontrager fork on the salsa, I have a IRD Ti expedition (I think that's what they called them) fork I'll sell off load separately on ebay, that should bring about the same, no? Cheers and best

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011