Official FAT chance thread - Page 14- Mtbr.com
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 1,301 to 1,321 of 1321
    mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I have to say I also like the white saddle and grips but they will get dirty fast, especially the grips.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spaltinho View Post
    As I am not a native English speaker I don't get what you mean by push, push 7spd.
    The original Shimano integrated shifters required you to shift by pushing a lever with your thimb to shift for both the up and down shifts. It was called push-push, after the newer style trigger shifters came out (where down shiftes used a trigger "pull" motion).

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux View Post
    The original Shimano integrated shifters required you to shift by pushing a lever with your thimb to shift for both the up and down shifts. It was called push-push, after the newer style trigger shifters came out (where down shiftes used a trigger "pull" motion).
    NOw i remember i had a set of deore dx 7sp trigger shifters on a Trek 8700 in 91 or 92.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux View Post
    Thanks for explaining. I am glad you guys share your knowledge here. I am aware I will make the grips dirty, but that is ok for me as I have to clean the bike anyways. I will keep posting the progress and my first driving experience.

artistic...
    Thanks for explaining. I am glad you guys share your knowledge here. I am aware I will make the grips dirty, but that is ok for me as I have to clean the bike anyways. I will keep posting the progress and my first driving experience.
    Where you from? NOt many places will have the "inho" ... where i am we definitely have. S„o Paulo?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    Where you from? NOt many places will have the "inho" ... where i am we definitely have. S„o Paulo?
    I am from Berlin in Germany. My friends used to put the inho behind my nickname because I was the younger one with that name. My real name is Malte (nothern German).
    We have a big group of collectors here in my city. A lot of them are members of mtbr.

artistic...
    I am from Berlin in Germany. My friends used to put the inho behind my nickname because I was the younger one with that name. My real name is Malte (nothern German).
    We have a big group of collectors here in my city. A lot of them are members of mtbr.
    Cool... I thought it was portuguese.

mtbr member since 1996
    I have been riding a Tallboy LTC the last year plus. The Fat has been my bike
    For pulling the bike trailer with my son. Yesterday I decided to take the fat on my ride. Wow, it felt so good even for a rigid bike. I found myself looking for the rough technical lines. It felt so much more connected to the trail and precise. Definitely a lot of fun. Moreso than I expected and Iíll be riding it more for sure. And just the other day I thought about selling it....no way now!

If you are like me, dust off your Yo and go ride!
    My Wife's Channel for Women - LadyMTB

mtbr member
    Dusted off my old Yo and converted it to a commuter/ gravel grinder. So much fun to ride. Still handles moderate trails too with the Compass Rat Trap Pass tires.

Still Stinky

My Fat Chance Wicked Lite

Just thought I would post a photo of My Wicked lite. I purchased this bike used back in 98. I worked at a small shop in Fayetteville, Ar at the time. It came in as a trade in on a day I wasn't working. I bought it as soon as I saw it. I road this bike consistently till I bought a new bike in 2013. It has to have upwards of 30k miles on it easy. I have worn out and replaced countless sets of components. The current form I built up as a city cruiser, and occasional trail ride. It has collected scars, patina, and loved marks through the years and miles I've ridden it.

I have a set of Syncros tubular cro-moly cranks and ti spindle double bearing BB that I had purchased back when I first bought it. I had some issue removing the bottom bracket at one point and the cups got a little stripped out. I am afraid to re-install them incase I can't take them out if there ever was an issue. Anybody have an old syncros BB that has good cups? My bearings and spindle are in excellent shape. The teeth where the tool catch are what is stripped out.

I was told this is a 96? anybody can verify I would greatly appreciate it. The fork does seem to be suspension corrected by my measurements.

Official FAT chance thread-photo-1.jpg

Official FAT chance thread-photo-3.jpg

Official FAT chance thread-photo.jpg

Official FAT chance thread-img_0207.jpg

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkydogfart View Post
    Just thought I would post a photo of My Wicked lite. I purchased this bike used back in 98. I worked at a small shop in Fayetteville, Ar at the time. It came in as a trade in on a day I wasn't working. I bought it as soon as I saw it. I road this bike consistently till I bought a new bike in 2013. It has to have upwards of 30k miles on it easy. I have worn out and replaced countless sets of components. The current form I built up as a city cruiser, and occasional trail ride. It has collected scars, patina, and loved marks through the years and miles I've ridden it.

I have a set of Syncros tubular cro-moly cranks and ti spindle double bearing BB that I had purchased back when I first bought it. I had some issue removing the bottom bracket at one point and the cups got a little stripped out. I am afraid to re-install them incase I can't take them out if there ever was an issue. Anybody have an old syncros BB that has good cups? My bearings and spindle are in excellent shape. The teeth where the tool catch are what is stripped out.

I was told this is a 96? anybody can verify I would greatly appreciate it. The fork does seem to be suspension corrected by my measurements.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	1188050
    It could be a 93. Isnīt it the last year of building in sommerville, massachussets? HOw long is the fork btw, out of curiosity? Beautifull bike.

Threaded BB says post 93, and Somerville decal says 94 or older. So somewhere in there.

Why would you own 100 Yugos when you could own 1 Porsche? - Rumpfy

Still Stinky
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1 View Post
    It could be a 93. Isnīt it the last year of building in sommerville, massachussets? HOw long is the fork btw, out of curiosity? Beautifull bike.

I cant remember, was going to sell it a few years back and decided to keep it. Nostalgia got the better of me thankfully! I measured back then. When I decided to keep it I bought a Kona p2 (?) fork with a thredless steerer so I would have a few more stem choices. I havenít gotten around to installing it yet, need to get some headset pieces from Chris king. The kona p2 was listed as suspension corrected and it measured the same axle to crown. Iím not in the area to measure it, otherwise Iíd get you the exact figure.

artistic...
    I cant remember, was going to sell it a few years back and decided to keep it. Nostalgia got the better of me thankfully! I measured back then. When I decided to keep it I bought a Kona p2 (?) fork with a thredless steerer so I would have a few more stem choices. I havenít gotten around to installing it yet, need to get some headset pieces from Chris king. The kona p2 was listed as suspension corrected and it measured the same axle to crown. Iím not in the area to measure it, otherwise Iíd get you the exact figure.
    Keep it w/ the fat original fork cause ... the paint! NOt that hard to find quill stems. You should post the bike on fatcogs.com

Ambivalent Luddite
    What is the serial number? (under Bottom Bracket)

inFATuated

Still Stinky
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Dude View Post
    What is the serial number? (under Bottom Bracket)
    The serial number of my Wicked Lite is 043W49X

I understand the W is for Wicked the rest baffles me. Does X mean Xtra Large? It measures 19 or 19.5" center of bb to center of seat tube. I would have figured it for a large. Does the 4 after the W stand for 94?

Thanks for the help.

-bustin punks
    Head over to FatCogs.com - there is almost certainly a serial number registry over there

artistic...

I understand the W is for Wicked the rest baffles me. Does X mean Xtra Large? It measures 19 or 19.5" center of bb to center of seat tube. I would have figured it for a large. Does the 4 after the W stand for 94?

Thanks for the help.
    The X probably means custom or a small batch. Size looks like a 19 just looking at it. Wickeds are measured c-t of the top tube but the head tube also tell tales.
    Talk to Scott at fatcogs: he was one of the main welders at fat city in Sommerville.

Ambivalent Luddite
    It's the 43rd Wicked built in 1994 and a 19.5"

I've seen the "X" on a few serial numbers, not sure of meaning

inFATuated

Still Stinky
    Thanks for all the info!

Ambivalent Luddite

'87 Fat Chance for sale $550

Trying to make room for more FATs:

https://classifieds.mtbr.com/showpro...or-sale&cat=39