NOS Suntour XC 6-Speed Thumb Shifters?$?$- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

NOS Suntour XC 6-Speed Thumb Shifters?$?$

I picked up some NOS Suntour XC 7000 thumb shifters off Ebay last week for really cheap. Well, I received them yesterday and opened the package to find the shifters still sealed in the plastic bag. I did some researching and found that this model of shifters were from '88.

My questions to the vintage guys here is...Should I even open these? Are these worth a signifigant amount to you vintage guys? I've seen some of the XC9000's selling for upper $80 used. But, that's used and I'm not sure of the differences between 7000 and 9000.

I was gonna use them on my Pugsley that I'm running 6sp. I figured these were cheaper then buying Thumbies and the shifters to use with them. But, after looking at the unopened condition of these I have doubts.

Thanks in advanced guys

Here's a picture as well...

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

Nothing Too Special

What you picked them up for on eBay is about what they're worth.

Throw 'em on the Pug and enjoy.

defender of bad taste
    Nov 2007
    There's a 'what it's worth' thread in this forum and your question belongs there. To save you the trouble of reposting - just use the shifters for what you bought them for, they are not super-rare and will not bring you a significant profit once you've bought something to replace them. You said yourself that you got them 'really cheap' on eBay. That should give you a fair value of their worth.

mtbr member
    Sounds good. Figured I'd ask before opening. I got em for $20 shipped in an auction by the way.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Some people ask ridiculous figures for old suntour shifters on ebay. The Suntour retro-friction clicking bar cons for example. Used you should routinely get a set for maybe $15-20. But some folks have NOS sets listed with BIN prices of $120 which is just simply ridiculous. You can get new DuraAce bar end shifters for that much.

Members who have read this thread: 0