Nice, nice, nice... (EBAY)- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    891

    Nice, nice, nice... (EBAY)

    OK, just so this won't offend anyone or piss off the people who want to keep this under the radar, I'll describe it as a vaguely as possibly so that the regs or something can only figure out...

    There is a nice frame on Ebay right now, something I think we ALL like. Hard to find. They used to come with Ubrakes (I think), but this one is disc. Super clean sussy fork to match. Possibly this builder has lost some of its luster that it had when it made this frame... From a pigeon hawk to a number.

    Man, I want it. My size too... but not my price range.

    Anyone know what I am talking about?!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: laffeaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,983
    Come on post it. That we can ridicule you and see the bike. Two things that we all love doing.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

  3. #3

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    891
    But, it wouldn't be nearly as fun to post a link...

    There is a HUGE hint in there, huge! Completely tells what it is!


  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: laffeaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,983
    Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    But, it wouldn't be nearly as fun to post a link...

    There is a HUGE hint in there, huge! Completely tells what it is!


    I think I might have an idea what you're talking about.

    And somewhat unrelated, is this a Pigeon Hawk?

    <img src="https://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/mtbr/109_0994.JPG">
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

  5. #5
    'Calm Down'
    Reputation: GrumpyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    849
    Not sure about your hint, but that's a post 2000 buyout frame. Not personally what I'm looking for.

    jw


    Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    OK, just so this won't offend anyone or piss off the people who want to keep this under the radar, I'll describe it as a vaguely as possibly so that the regs or something can only figure out...

    There is a nice frame on Ebay right now, something I think we ALL like. Hard to find. They used to come with Ubrakes (I think), but this one is disc. Super clean sussy fork to match. Possibly this builder has lost some of its luster that it had when it made this frame... From a pigeon hawk to a number.

    Man, I want it. My size too... but not my price range.

    Anyone know what I am talking about?!
    -

    "And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

  6. #6

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    I think I might have an idea what you're talking about.

    And somewhat unrelated, is this a Pigeon Hawk?
    Sure looks like one...

    Mix Pigeon Hawk with Puffy hat wearing sellers of stories and you got it.

  7. #7

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOne
    Not sure about your hint, but that's a post 2000 buyout frame. Not personally what I'm looking for.

    jw
    So, then the guys had already left for Seven at that point? Bummer. Still cool tho...

  8. #8
    'Calm Down'
    Reputation: GrumpyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    So, then the guys had already left for Seven at that point? Bummer. Still cool tho...
    Yep, Seven started in January of 1997 and the Chattanooga buyout happened in 2000. The frame was made after the buyout.

    jw
    -

    "And single-speeding 29ers are mountain biking's equivalent of Scientologists..." - Captain Dondo

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: laffeaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,983
    Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    Sure looks like one...

    Mix Pigeon Hawk with Puffy hat wearing sellers of stories and you got it.
    Well that explains a lot - I had no idea why the used that logo. Always wondered why they didn't use a wizard's hat. I'm now educated.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

  10. #10
    Witty McWitterson
    Reputation: ~martini~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,023
    On top of it all, it uses that stupid hayes mount. try and find something that'll work on that....
    Just a regular guy.

  11. #11
    6x7=Dont Panic!
    Reputation: TheRedMantra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    On top of it all, it uses that stupid hayes mount. try and find something that'll work on that....
    http://www.balleracing.com/Hayes/Hay...er22mmRear.htm
    Herro prease

  12. #12
    Witty McWitterson
    Reputation: ~martini~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,023
    oh. nevermind...
    Just a regular guy.

  13. #13

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    161

    pigeon hawk

    Nevermind the frame, where did you get the pigeon hawk bar. That thing is super sweet. Thought I saw one on e-bay a while back but it was cut super short so I didn't go for it. And yes.... I do watch e-bay often, so if you see something I'm looking for on e-bay or elsewhere please PM me. : )

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    122

    If you are looking for a Merlin Ti Bar in great shape-PM me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eli-Ti
    Nevermind the frame, where did you get the pigeon hawk bar. That thing is super sweet. Thought I saw one on e-bay a while back but it was cut super short so I didn't go for it. And yes.... I do watch e-bay often, so if you see something I'm looking for on e-bay or elsewhere please PM me. : )

    I bought one from a shop here in NJ two years ago as NOS for $60 and used it for 6months before regrettfully getting rid of my Merlin Mountain frame. I am still searching for it's replacement in a Merlin XLM in a size 20" or 18.75".

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: laffeaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli-Ti
    Nevermind the frame, where did you get the pigeon hawk bar. That thing is super sweet. Thought I saw one on e-bay a while back but it was cut super short so I didn't go for it. And yes.... I do watch e-bay often, so if you see something I'm looking for on e-bay or elsewhere please PM me. : )
    It came with the bike whan I bought it. It's a 22" bar, which is more narrow than I care for. If you have a 23" TI bar I'm sure a trade could be arranged.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

  16. #16

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    161

    Sizing...

    A 20 or an 18.75?
    The Merlin size jumps are fairly significant. I would suggest that if the Mountain frame fit you that you get one in the same size as your old mountain frame. I've ridden a 16 and an 18.75 because I got them for so cheap.... I keep going back to 17.5 which fits better. If in doubt I'd say go with the smaller frame, because the top tube length is generally longer for Merlins. Although a 17.5 fits I'm more comfortable on a 16 with a long stem than an 18.75 which really stretches me out. Just a suggestion... happy hunting. I'll PM you if I find anything too.

Similar Threads

  1. New Ebay Scam!
    By BikeKilla in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 06:00 PM
  2. The best eBay scam yet...
    By MoeChedda in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 07:48 PM
  3. Nice Turner on Ebay
    By mtnwater in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 10:45 AM
  4. nice looking med. surly on ebay (not mine)
    By warmseth in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 06:37 PM
  5. Interesting Article RE: Ebay Fraud
    By Drewdane in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 09:49 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.