My Prewar Murray Klunker Project- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

My Prewar Murray Klunker Project

Most of my attemps at a Klunker have been thrown together, so relatively speaking I have taken more time and thought putting this one together. I cut off the built in seatpost clamp so I could use a bmx style clamp and had the frame powder coated. I would still like to go back and add spears, maybe I will use the decals I have seen for sale. I really wanted to use the SA drums, so I elected to do a single speed to keep the weight down. Since I am a bmx guy, I had to fight my internal instincts to use all bmx parts. Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Prewar Murray Klunker Project-dsc00704.jpg  

My Prewar Murray Klunker Project-dsc00708.jpg  

My Prewar Murray Klunker Project-dsc00709.jpg  

My Prewar Murray Klunker Project-dsc00710.jpg  

My Prewar Murray Klunker Project-dsc00711.jpg  

Wanted:Nothing. I have too much.

mtbr member
    This build was inspired by all the klunkers here and out on Alan's Clunkers.net website, but in particuliar I was heavily influenced by Scooterdude's LaSalle. I will add this to the cruiser thread.

illuminaughty
    nice, I like it!
    :)

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMTB
    Hope you like it.
    the red rims look nice with the black!

How'd you do the 50.4 BCD with the Super Maxy's?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Westy
    the red rims look nice with the black!

How'd you do the 50.4 BCD with the Super Maxy's?
    I found them like that. All I did was put the chainring on the outside of the crank to align it better with the freewheel. I had a set of TAs for this but I let them go for two reasons.
    First, I didn't own the tool to remove them, and second, I found these Super Maxis that had the cyclo tourist setup. The chainring is Sugino also, and it was a triple.

mtbr member
    Really like that.....Bmx parts are certainly a big part of klunkers. I try to avoid them just because they break my bank,,,,,,

Looks great Scotty
    Seek: Koski Trailmaster. Breezer Series 2 or 3. Cunningham Racer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemmer
    Really like that.....Bmx parts are certainly a big part of klunkers. I try to avoid them just because they break my bank,,,,,,

Looks great Scotty
    Thanks. I know what you mean about breaking the bank. I guess I just have alot of bmx stuff piled up. I really got hung up on era correctness when I was putting this together. The Trailmaster Catalog that Jeff posted made me think that it was all right to have a tuf neck and drum brakes but Charlie's "light as possible" thread made me want to decide between drum brakes and a blade fork or canti brakes and a tube fork.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMTB
    I found them like that. All I did was put the chainring on the outside of the crank to align it better with the freewheel. I had a set of TAs for this but I let them go for two reasons.
    First, I didn't own the tool to remove them, and second, I found these Super Maxis that had the cyclo tourist setup. The chainring is Sugino also, and it was a triple.
    Thanks for the info! I didn't know this was an option

I had seen these two, but not the Super Maxy

Pro-Dynamic S:

PX

Members who have read this thread: 0