• 02-07-2010
    ScottyMTB
    5 Attachment(s)
    My Prewar Murray Klunker Project
    Most of my attemps at a Klunker have been thrown together, so relatively speaking I have taken more time and thought putting this one together. I cut off the built in seatpost clamp so I could use a bmx style clamp and had the frame powder coated. I would still like to go back and add spears, maybe I will use the decals I have seen for sale. I really wanted to use the SA drums, so I elected to do a single speed to keep the weight down. Since I am a bmx guy, I had to fight my internal instincts to use all bmx parts. Hope you like it.
  • 02-07-2010
    ScottyMTB
    This build was inspired by all the klunkers here and out on Alan's Clunkers.net website, but in particuliar I was heavily influenced by Scooterdude's LaSalle. I will add this to the cruiser thread.
  • 02-07-2010
    da'HOOV
    nice, I like it!
  • 02-07-2010
    J_Westy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottyMTB
    Hope you like it.

:thumbsup: the red rims look nice with the black!

How'd you do the 50.4 BCD with the Super Maxy's?
  • 02-07-2010
    ScottyMTB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Westy
    :thumbsup: the red rims look nice with the black!

How'd you do the 50.4 BCD with the Super Maxy's?

I found them like that. All I did was put the chainring on the outside of the crank to align it better with the freewheel. I had a set of TAs for this but I let them go for two reasons.
    First, I didn't own the tool to remove them, and second, I found these Super Maxis that had the cyclo tourist setup. The chainring is Sugino also, and it was a triple.
  • 02-07-2010
    tductape
    Really like that.....Bmx parts are certainly a big part of klunkers. I try to avoid them just because they break my bank,,,,,,

Looks great Scotty
  • 02-08-2010
    ScottyMTB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aemmer
    Really like that.....Bmx parts are certainly a big part of klunkers. I try to avoid them just because they break my bank,,,,,,

Looks great Scotty

Thanks. I know what you mean about breaking the bank. I guess I just have alot of bmx stuff piled up. I really got hung up on era correctness when I was putting this together. The Trailmaster Catalog that Jeff posted made me think that it was all right to have a tuf neck and drum brakes but Charlie's "light as possible" thread made me want to decide between drum brakes and a blade fork or canti brakes and a tube fork.
  • 02-08-2010
    J_Westy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottyMTB
    I found them like that. All I did was put the chainring on the outside of the crank to align it better with the freewheel. I had a set of TAs for this but I let them go for two reasons.
    First, I didn't own the tool to remove them, and second, I found these Super Maxis that had the cyclo tourist setup. The chainring is Sugino also, and it was a triple.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know this was an option :thumbsup:

I had seen these two, but not the Super Maxy

Pro-Dynamic S:

PX