My First (short) Ride of the New Year- Mtbr.com
    The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC

My First (short) Ride of the New Year

It's a bit brrrrrout around here, but I've been itching for a ride. Bundled up and grabbed the Bonty for a little time in the woods.

Five minutes into my ride, I felt like I was going over the bars and the fork was clunking...darn "modern" suspension ....seems my Mag was a tad shorter than usual and completely out of air. Since I was already out, I tried to make due, but it was pretty silly almost crashing every thirty seconds

At least I got a chance to scratch the itch...hope to get out again Friday, if we don't get buried in snow.

anyone else out?

Steve

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve

anyone else out?

Yup. Here in NorCal, when VRC'ers get together, this is what happens.

Full XC Pro Ibis, full M900 XTR Steelman, M73x Merlin w/ Potts Type II fork, dialed Yeti FRO with FTW stem, and a super pimped Newsboy (also with a Potts Type II fork) with all the WTB fixins'.

-eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

mtbr member
    I'd take the Ibis. I like the Rockette's thing, but are there any riding pics?
    Somec is like the digital Zunow
    And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5h3y0a9AU

VRC Illuminati
    Quote Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y

Sadly, no motion shots. We stood around and talked, but didn't actually ride. Then kicked mud on our bikes and went home.

-eric-

mtbr member
    Ha! Y'all gotta get some helmet cams!
    Somec is like the digital Zunow
    And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD5h3y0a9AU

VRC Hound
    Steve - anywhere near NYC? I need to get out, hopefully this weekend.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by yo-Nate-y
    Ibis has a Koski fork.
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

Rumpfy, nice looking group...which one is yours? Does the Yeti really have a plastic dork disc on it? That stump looks like a nice drop for an old bike .

BP, sorry, I'm way down in SE Pennsylvania (and I'm afraid of the big city )...maybe we can put an East coast group ride together for somewhere in between this Spring .

On a side note...anybody out there know how many PSI I should have in my Mag 21 and do I only have to put air in one leg?

Steve

mtbr member
    Rumpfy, nice looking group...which one is yours? Does the Yeti really have a plastic dork disc on it? That stump looks like a nice drop for an old bike .

BP, sorry, I'm way down in SE Pennsylvania (and I'm afraid of the big city )...maybe we can put an East coast group ride together for somewhere in between this Spring .

On a side note...anybody out there know how many PSI I should have in my Mag 21 and do I only have to put air in one leg?

Steve

Start with 40 psi in both legs and adjust from there.

You really shouldn't be surprised that that guy has a dork disc on his bike.

artistic...

Steve
    you should take the wicked on those rides
    WTB: Bomber Z2 1 1/8 steerer, in good to excellent shape OR bomber rebuild kit.

rigid bruce
    Nov 2004
    When I'm not on my 29er I'm on my Fat City Ti Fat in the woods of northern NJ. I've been out in the snow almost every day. It's been cold but the snow riding has been excellent.
    bruce b.

Quote Originally Posted by Fillet-brazed
    Start with 40 psi in both legs and adjust from there.

You really shouldn't be surprised that that guy has a dork disc on his bike.

Thanks FB. One leg was at 10# and the other was less ...what a difference a few pounds of air makes ...feels better than when I got it. Now I really want to get back out.

I'm guessing the Yeti rider is Stuart (Yetified)? Rumpfy was probably on the non-newsboy Merlin? Which one is yours? How about a Norcal role call?

Steve

VRC Illuminati
    Thanks FB. One leg was at 10# and the other was less ...what a difference a few pounds of air makes ...feels better than when I got it. Now I really want to get back out.

I'm guessing the Yeti rider is Stuart (Yetified)? Rumpfy was probably on the non-newsboy Merlin? Which one is yours? How about a Norcal role call?

Steve

Haha! Yep, the dork disc bike is Yetified for sure. Neeeeeerd!

Non-Newsboy Merlin is mine.

Steelman belongs to Joe Steel
    Ibis is scooderdude.
    Newsboy is Halaburts.
    -eric-

Redemption Day.....:

Got a full ride in today, (and only fell half as many times as my last outing).

The GT might not be the prettiest bike in my garage, but today it really was a fun ride.

A bunch of pics for everybody who was stuck inside today:

Steve

Members who have read this thread: 0