More from the Cunningham stable, but a WTB this time.- Mtbr.com
    Witty McWitterson

More from the Cunningham stable, but a WTB this time.

My WTB Pheonix. probably one of the last ones made in 1998. Its been through quite a few variations in parts, but its pretty much settled in on being a SS at the moment, though I may put gears on it just for kicks soon. I'll look for more pictures of it.
    Just a regular guy.

artistic...

"river of no return"

Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~

My WTB Pheonix. probably one of the last ones made in 1998. Its been through quite a few variations in parts, but its pretty much settled in on being a SS at the moment, though I may put gears on it just for kicks soon. I'll look for more pictures of it.
    remember seeing one wtb, in deep moss green, with this very cool name on the top tube. an interbike picture. guees it was a phoenix. man, those are cool bikes. i like the tall head tube on all sizes formula.... and i like rigid geared bikes!

Witty McWitterson

slightly updated now. I put a set of campy thumbies on it, and in the absense of a true mtn rear der, I put on an older Veloce Triple rear. Shifts wonderfully so far(in the stand that is). I'll take it out for a spin later to see how it works in the real world.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    looks like we have another crosstop fan on the board.
    i am dying to see a closeup of the rollercam brake on the rear.
    sweet frame, too, a friend of mine in nc has one, although with more standard parts. a very nice-riding machine.
    tim

artistic...

what about the dog?

Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~

slightly updated now. I put a set of campy thumbies on it, and in the absense of a true mtn rear der, I put on an older Veloce Triple rear. Shifts wonderfully so far(in the stand that is). I'll take it out for a spin later to see how it works in the real world.
    he looks good!

Witty McWitterson

Toggle cam, you asked, I deliver.

Click to see larger image.

Best rim brake I've had. Best feel. Most adjustable(I can use it with canti-levers or v levers. It works best with Avid Ultimates). I wish I also had one to match in the front...

The dog is Chaco, and he indeed is a very good dog. Perfect trail companion. Very good with toddlers and children. About 2 yrs old. He's got a nice long life ahead of him. He'll certainly be hard to replace when that time comes.

BTW, are you guys seeing my pictures? They won't load up for me when I reload the page. Though, I AM stuck on dial up, so that could be the culprit.

Oh, yeah, that tire is a 2.3 tioga dh in there with room to spare. tasty!
    Just a regular guy.

Jan 2004

Sweeet!

Sweet Phoenix and even sweeter WTB toggle cam brake! Didn't thay also call it a scissors brake or am I mixing up something else?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmike
    Sweet Phoenix and even sweeter WTB toggle cam brake! Didn't thay also call it a scissors brake or am I mixing up something else?
    MIKESS: the scissors brake was a little different, check it out here, i think the scissors brake is the last one on the page: http://www.blackbirdsf.org/brake_obscura/
    MARTINI: thanks a lot for the pics, i have only ever seen good pics of them in the old wtb catalog. looks like really beautiful machine work, i would kill to try those things out. some questions:
    how do you disconnect the brake to remove the wheel?
    what are the extra holes in the wedge for?
    are those v-brake pads you are using, and if so, why?
    well, thanks again. this new board is really turning out to be awesome.
    tim