Marzocchi XC 600?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Marzocchi XC 600?

what can you tell me about this fork? apparently they decided to bring the name back in '08 or so, making google search no help...

I Have Cookies
    I had one on my old kona it was great when it wasent spewing oil.... Lots of adjustment just enough fork for the time..... Btw it was 1996
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Pre Z-1, Z-2

I believe that was the last model year before Marzocchi came out with infamous the Z-1 and Z-2.

defender of bad taste
    Nov 2007
    I have a couple of the earlier one that have the adjusters on the front of the legs, as mentioned above, one of the better early forks in terms of actually suspending a bike, but colander-like in their ability to leak oil.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I had one on a Kona I bought last year. It wasn't holding air, but all I had to do was replace the o-ring at the top of each leg. It's been holding air for the last 9 months or so.

I also found out that I could drop 80mm Bomber springs into each leg, and that they would fit with about a mm of preload from the top caps. Instead of 51 psi in each leg, I now run 28 psi. It actually works great. I sold the bike to a friend a couple of months ago, and it's still working fine.

Desert Rat
    Jul 2005
    XC-600 was first model with the barrel adjusters inline in the leg. That adjuster simply changes the orifice size inline with damping flow. Can be set to lockout, but that tended to rupture the cup seal that was under pressure when totally locked out.

Oil seals did tend to leak after a few months of use. They are still available from marz I believe, and easily replacable. They were a good fork for their time.

The XC-700 came next - no real changes, and then the Bomber series arrived, with overall improvements pretty much.

I like the idea of the spring replacement to lower pressures.

Scott
    RapidCreekCycles

Palisade, CO - Ride the Rim Trail!
    Niner
    Ibis
    COPMOBA

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    awesome. thanks for the info guys. i'm not concerned what it's worth (and i know that's taboo) but its been sitting in our co-op's shop for years. if we spend the time getting the word out there, is it desirable enough that someone will actually take it an refurbish it? or would that be a futile effort on our part (as we've come to discover about a lot of forks)

mtbr member
    If I wasn't on the other side of the world I'd give it a home...
    More bikes than you can point a broken spoke at...

What could go wrong ...
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Is dang happy!
    That thing was a noodle, made my futureshock feel like a triple crown.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

Members who have read this thread: 0