Mantis Profloater bushings- Mtbr.com
    illuminaughty

Mantis Profloater bushings

I'm about to acquire a Profloater frame. I haven't seen it yet but I know it's in pieces with no shock or bushings.The shock shouldn't be much of a problem but what about the bushings? Are they available or are they a common size?. Pictures to follow as soon as I pick it up. Thanx in advance
    :)

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

The shock will be more of a problem than the bushings

I have the dimentions somewere

They may even be listed in an older post here on MTBR

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hoov you slippery so and so! Mantis.. now your talking.

The bushings on mine were an impregnated bronze type material. They didn't come out very easy, so I would double check that you are actually missing anything. To today's eye, it's a really spartan set up that may lead you to think there's something missing.

-Schmitty-

Bike Dork
    For the shock I'd just call Risse Racing.

Mantis, Paramount, Campy
    RIght, but that'll probably set him back more than what he payed/is paying for the frame.

illuminaughty

here it is

I went and picked it up today and was happy to see the shock was included so all I need is misc. bushings. Serial #95PFC015. Should be a fun spring project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mantis Profloater bushings-mantis_01.jpg  

Mantis Profloater bushings-mantis_02.jpg  

:)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Newer rear end and a ti spring on the shock. Post a pic of what the pivot on the frame looks like and I can tell you if you need bushings. Unless they changed, it's not a bushing in the usual sense, and they may very well be there. I think the bolts may have been tailor made to bottom out so as to prevent overtightening of the swing arm. I know on my mine, they had a very positive stop, and reefing on them more had zero impact on bushing preload.

-Schmitty-

Bird watcher
    What bolts? Looks l

Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty
    Newer rear end and a ti spring on the shock. Post a pic of what the pivot on the frame looks like and I can tell you if you need bushings. Unless they changed, it's not a bushing in the usual sense, and they may very well be there. I think the bolts may have been tailor made to bottom out so as to prevent overtightening of the swing arm. I know on my mine, they had a very positive stop, and reefing on them more had zero impact on bushing preload.

-Schmitty-
    ike zipties holding that together. Might be fun that way too.

Members who have read this thread: 0